Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Cheensly t1_j2aisrb wrote

Im American. Im guessing OP is too. Most other places you dont have to assume people are strapped.

HOWDEHPARDNER t1_j2ajqe9 wrote

I suppose you could take 'armed' to be someone with a knife, or a bottle, doesn't have to be a gun.

Cheensly t1_j2akrwx wrote

True, guess that was my American showing.

−1

FarRoyal t1_j2akhbg wrote

Tell me you're from the US without telling me you're from the US

DaveshPatel93101 t1_j2aiczu wrote

"God created men, Samuel Adams made them drunken idiots."

fuck_all_you_people t1_j2ak4h2 wrote

Instead of assuming everyone is armed to keep yourself from being a stunted adult, identify that you need some serious personal growth because you are using a Boogeyman to prevent you from acting like a child.

If we choose to live in a society where everyone has to be armed in order to have freedom, then we have failed as a society and our freedom is a fallacy.

errol_timo_malcom t1_j2dkgr6 wrote

> If we choose to live in a society where everyone has to be armed in order to have freedom, then we have failed as a society and our freedom is a fallacy.

Thank you for this timely bit of optimism for society, /u/fuck_all_you_people .

Cat-Soap-Bar t1_j2ajey7 wrote

I live in the UK, I will not make this assumption as it would be stupid. Other countries exist.

Jaded_Prompt_15 t1_j2ajob5 wrote

Anybody in the UK can have a knife or full on machete...

Cat-Soap-Bar t1_j2ajsbx wrote

They could, it’s extremely unlikely outside a few certain areas.

Edit. It’s also illegal to carry a knife unless it’s less than 3” long and folds, like aa Swiss Army knife or similar.

fuck_all_you_people t1_j2atnai wrote

I dont know if you have ever been out of the US but if you havent I would strongly encourage it. It really shows you how stupid a lot of our social norms are.

keepthetips t1_j2ah17b wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

wayfinderBee t1_j2c0b8d wrote

Do you carry or do you just not have any idea how fucking exhausting it is to live like this.

[deleted] t1_j2alewh wrote

[removed]

−4

humvee911 OP t1_j2alk95 wrote

The resentment builds up. It's always better to remove your ego.

RagingLeonard t1_j2alyt9 wrote

I agree with that. But I live in deep red Texas and strangers simply aren't killing each other at rates that would warrant one to change his/her behavior as you're suggesting.

I have another LPT: just don't be a dick to randos out in the world.