Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

keepthetips t1_j2ah17b wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

Cheensly t1_j2aisrb wrote

Im American. Im guessing OP is too. Most other places you dont have to assume people are strapped.

Various_Succotash_79 t1_j2ajca6 wrote

I'm told that acting scared of people I assume are armed makes them feel bad.

Cat-Soap-Bar t1_j2ajey7 wrote

I live in the UK, I will not make this assumption as it would be stupid. Other countries exist.

fuck_all_you_people t1_j2ak4h2 wrote

Instead of assuming everyone is armed to keep yourself from being a stunted adult, identify that you need some serious personal growth because you are using a Boogeyman to prevent you from acting like a child.

If we choose to live in a society where everyone has to be armed in order to have freedom, then we have failed as a society and our freedom is a fallacy.

FarRoyal t1_j2akhbg wrote

Tell me you're from the US without telling me you're from the US

RagingLeonard t1_j2alyt9 wrote

I agree with that. But I live in deep red Texas and strangers simply aren't killing each other at rates that would warrant one to change his/her behavior as you're suggesting.

I have another LPT: just don't be a dick to randos out in the world.

wayfinderBee t1_j2c0b8d wrote

Do you carry or do you just not have any idea how fucking exhausting it is to live like this.