Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SuiMilky t1_j12lsg7 wrote

I am by no means an expert. I had felt like life had been pointless as well in the past due to various reasons and with various ok intensity. The methods I were able to use to cope and get through those tough times as well as move myself forwards were two different strategies.

Spite. This one worked very well but also has a double edge sword. When circumstances, whether it's people, the environment, or other situation spite was able to get me through the toughest times. "Want to see me fail? F*** you! I'm not letting you win!" The down side to this is that I've often fallen backwards after achieving the goal and it becomes a loop.

Enjoyment\Hobby\Something to look forward to. This one is more positive, and generally for me lasts longer and doesn't have a fall at the end due to having new stuff to look forward to before the first one even ended. A simple example would be a show \ series you enjoy or an event you would like to attend; like a significant other's birthday or other significant event.

I would also recommend seeking professional help.