Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Thelastsaburai t1_j0jsndk wrote

Damnit my birthday is January 6

callibrary t1_j0n1w40 wrote

Jan 8, I have literally always done this instead of full new years resolutions anyway just cause that first week of the year is for wasting anyway, imo

Naryue t1_j0jsqjg wrote

So make the new year resolution to make a birthday resolution.

MarloesX t1_j0k8xx7 wrote

Thanks for giving another reason to postpone my resolutions.

Eshical t1_j0kytc8 wrote

Or instead of wasting more time waiting for said event just start your resolutions from today

RWCK1 t1_j0lucuj wrote

But the idea is the same, you still want to achieve the things in 365 days

keepthetips t1_j0jsc7c wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

Brewser2017 t1_j0m7rxd wrote

I do this because my birthday is at the end of January. I start my post holiday dieting, I quit drinking for a while, I cut back on my swearing, all of the resolutions start at the end of January

rexmaster2 t1_j0o11bx wrote

Instead of waiting 1, 2, 6, or even 8 months to make a REAL lifestyle change on your bday or new years, I found it more helpful to just make the change.

A person will only change if they truly want to or have a REASON to. I have made small changes over time which I have been able to stick with, because I knew that I wanted to. If I chose to wait for for some specific day in the future, I may no longer be interested. Thata why people don't stick to new year's resolutions.

Sometimes, its best to start off with something slowly and increase in increments, until u are at the pace u want or visa versa, u have decreased in increments until its cut out entirely.