Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RandyDandyHoe t1_j1npkgc wrote

I try to use pass phrases that I can remember for the most important accounts, like my main email, bank account, etc. But otherwise yeah it's just a bunch of random letters, signs and numbers with as many characters as I'm allowed to use, and there's no way I'd ever get onto any of those accounts without Bitwarden.

nsa_reddit_monitor t1_j1o4ln6 wrote

I use Keepass, it has a standard format for password databases so a lot of tools and apps exist to read a Keepass database. I make sure (via various methods) that all my computers and phones and backups have a copy of my password database.

I only have the Keepass password memorized, and a couple of my computers use that password for their full-disk encryption (because if you get past that, I'm screwed regardless of if you have my passwords). Basically, unless you take down my computers, my phones, and a couple backups in undisclosed locations, I won't lose any of my passwords.

So I don't even know my bank or email login. Worst case, I can just go to the bank and have them reset it in person. And my email is hosted on a private server I own (in an undisclosed location), so I could physically go to the datacenter and plug a keyboard in to regain access.

Robobvious t1_j1pix82 wrote

All my passwords are the titles of romcoms.