Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

thomasvista t1_j5u8a1h wrote

Ok....drivers are unpredictable. You can't always anticipate them. In Florida, I deal with old people doped up on opiod painkillers, methheads, and assorted other crazies on the road.

As far as your second point....can't switch lanes if its a 2-lane undivided roadway. I live in a small town with few multilane roads.

I know I have my faults behind the wheel. I'm impatient, especially dealing with all elderly drivers driving 10 mph below the speed limit for no good reason, tourists who have no idea where they're going, etc. It gets frustrating many times. I've witnessed many unsafe maneuvers from drivers trying to move at a decent pace. I'm guilty of doing it too. I'm trying to get somewhere....I don't have the leisure of some retiree who has no place to be and drive like it's Sunday every day.

ForceOfAHorse t1_j5ua56j wrote

> I'm guilty of doing it too

Well then, the technology is then correct to flag you for higher insurance. Good thing is that you are aware of it and could maybe work on it. You know you are doing dangerous things behind the wheel but you don't care about fixing them since you see no value in that. Your time is more valuable than well being of other people. Maybe a thought of keeping insurance money in your pocket would be enough to convince you to be more careful while driving?

It's not a comment about your specific driving, but to people in general. I'm sure a lot of people would think twice about their driving habits if it meant saving money.

kev1er t1_j5ue0l5 wrote

How come this does not apply to people on bikes they should be able to predict a car can go faster and drive on the same surface the bike is on why doesn't the bike move over and maintain a clear motor vehicle lane and not cause a safety issue by going slower then the published speed limit without proper hazard lights. In of it self is a fine and a ticket in most states.

thomasvista t1_j5uue79 wrote

In Florida, bicycles have every right to be on the road, by law.

kev1er t1_j5uvhch wrote

Yeah they also need to obey traffic laws such as stoping at stop signs and red lights yielding at yield signs and doing the speed limit or have the appropriate hazards to display they cant go the speed limit. Frankly i think they should have a licence and insurance as well as all states require any road vehicles to have them.