Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CannaVet t1_j62dnnf wrote

Have you tried.......... Just fucking doing a thing?

I sound shitty but that's how I've found to make shifts in my habits. I still have bad habits and need more good ones but I'm SO much farther than I used to be. You don't gotta like it, you just gotta do it and hate it. Then, though, next time sucks less. Let the negative emotions surrounding it drive you, push through in spite of them.

I've got a long way to go to be the best version of myself or wtfever, but I've been off nicotine two years, walked everyday for over one, and dropped 60 pounds while wrangling my booze habit into control. Got plenty of other changes to make but I stopped letting the perfect be the enemy of the good - the best lifestyle changes are the small manageable you can actually commit to if you really try, then you have a base to build off of.

Of course, that's all my experience with what works for me, but I believe in you friend.

OnlyDaikon5492 OP t1_j62m7pe wrote

I guess I have tried but it just hasn’t cut it. Spent time exercising, socializing, eating healthy, going to therapy/practicing positive thinking but it doesn’t last.