Submitted by Tipic_a t3_10pc2g8 in LifeProTips

Every night after I go to sleep, my neck will become sticky the next morning even if the day is very cool. This continues even after I wash my neck twice before bed. Is there any ways to solve this issue? It feels really bad.

EDIT: When I touch my neck with my hand, it does not feel sricky at all. So thrres no liquid. My neck only feels the stickyness but it isnt actully therr

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MadMunky5B5 t1_j6jj2jr wrote

If you are feeling a sensation that isn't actually there you should definitely consult a medical professional.

LitLitten t1_j6jlw9l wrote

If you suspect sweat: try using an antiperspirant along the back on your beck before bed or in the morning. This can help be a temporary fix if its a climate/temporary issue.

If you suspect oil: consider moisturizing after shower/bath after toweling off and comparing results over a few days. it could be due to dry skin.

It can also be a side effect of retinoids and antifungals.

ClassiFried86 t1_j6jryky wrote

What's the side effects? Rash, trouble breathing, wetneck.

Informal_Ad3771 t1_j6k1y6f wrote

Wash your neck thrice instead of twice. That solved it for me!

[deleted] t1_j6k5aef wrote

[deleted]

filletofishfamily t1_j6meiny wrote

Agreed. I find some memory foam pillows can hold heat and are not really breathable. I don’t notice I sweat more but I do get the urge to move my head / neck due to the heat / discomfort.

FirebladeCBR1000RR t1_j6ji7ta wrote

hard to tell, I'd probably wrap my neck with some type of paper towel to absorb whats coming out

100LittleButterflies t1_j6jmo3n wrote

There are cooling pillows designed to stop over heating. But if nothing seems to help definitely go to a doctor.

keepthetips t1_j6ji169 wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

Any-Echidna1183 t1_j6k2xfz wrote

Could it be drool? If so, you just gotta work on keeping those nasal passages clear so you don’t have to breathe through your mouth.