Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TheDismal_Scientist t1_j5jnahr wrote

For chest: incline machine chest press for upper chest, I like some variation of seated cable pressing combined with seated cable flies for the mid chest, again cables angled downwards or chest oriented dips for lower chest

For Triceps (which I'd do on the same day as chest): I like Smith machine skullcrushers, any form of cable pushdown or overhead extensions when done with proper form are good for tris

For biceps: the research seems to suggest attempting to bias the heads isn't too effective, so straight Dumbell curls imo are best (single arm, to really isolate), Hammer curls (with good form) too

For back: some rowing movement, back is a very big muscle group so the more stability the better hence why I wouldn't advise Barbell rows, pull downs and pull overs are good too

For shoulders: lateral raises are key, seated shoulder press can be good, and rear delt flies are what I find works for me

I'm no expert on this stuff, this is all second hand information from people better than me, people like JPG coaching on tik tok do great content on different exercises and their pros and cons, albeit with a very pro science bias, you can make of that last bit what you will

ImTheHipHopapotamus t1_j5jqpx6 wrote

Man i’d be careful about using the smith machine for skill crushers. It limits your range of motion to just up and down.

Best to grab a flat bench and an ez-bar and perform your skullcrushers like that, but aiming above your head. Your starting point should be like 30 degrees back from lifting your arms straight and then you just bend your elbows and the bar should go above your head.

Athlean X shows them - think he calls they lying Tricep extensions in his best Tricep exercises.