Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Regnes t1_ja0r56w wrote

I dunno, this sounds like it's kind of begging for a fight or some sort of confrontation.

You could take out your phone and have a fake conversation right next to the person lol.

Cetun t1_ja0x5wk wrote

LPTs like these assume no crazy people exist in the world. It's the same people who are like "of someone's is being annoying on the subway just confront them". Yea sure do that if you want to enter the lotto for being featured top page on r/publicfreakout

Stoopiddogface t1_ja179cl wrote

I mean, you gotta go in expecting a fight... but some people chose violence 👋

smuglator t1_ja1e202 wrote

Choosing violence is a SLPT, not LPT.

Stoopiddogface t1_ja1h4v6 wrote

Guess that depends on your desired outcome

−6

PM_ME_YOUR_FERNET t1_ja1herl wrote

It's a SLPT. Nobody's desired outcome is catching a case. Or tripping and getting a concussion. Street fights are lame shit.

smuglator t1_ja1lj8i wrote

Desiring violence is just stupid every single time. Always.

PM_ME_YOUR_FERNET t1_ja1ouud wrote

Disagree, I'd give my left nut to throttle my last boss. I just wouldn't go to prison for it. Or risk my personal health.

My last day there, I realized I could burn the place down. I saw there for almost 10 minutes considering it. And that, kids, is how you know you need to quit without notice.

−2

smuglator t1_ja1q542 wrote

You make a really good case for just how stupid violence is.

PM_ME_YOUR_FERNET t1_ja1r3bo wrote

That's my point lol

−1

smuglator t1_ja1r9k7 wrote

And yet you say you disagree with violence being stupid..

PM_ME_YOUR_FERNET t1_ja1svdd wrote

It is. Wanting violence is natural after a certain point, but throwing away something precious in your life to smack some idiot around (or possibly get smacked around yourself) is just stupid.

TheBoBiss t1_ja1nb2h wrote

Someone talking loudly on speaker phones in public are the exact people that will punch you in the face if you pull some shit like this.

DaveyTheBoxFratelli t1_ja46qct wrote

Yeah i’d imagine the person on the phone would unironically yell something like “MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS”

TropicalRogue t1_ja2siqg wrote

I've done this, and I told the person on the phone all about the rude jackass on speakerphone. I made a point to be audible and loquacious but polite and not SUPER insulting. Just making fun of him for bad manners and situational unawareness.

When dude noticed and started to say something like "hey, fuck yo-" I just made a cartoonishly animated show of covering the phone mic, holding it away, and like a rabid weird Al yankovic screamed "IM ON THE PHONE!" At him with the "just a minute" gesture.

I think I outcrazied him, because he did not opt to continue our interaction. He also didn't continue his phone call, but I'm pretty sure it just made everybody else more uncomfortable than if I'd not tried to intervene.