Submitted by ThePogromist t3_123ingw in MachineLearning

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mine-chatgpt/ckbkgkpdiidddiahomkdebijgnoeejdh?hl=ru&authuser=0

https://github.com/MatveyM11/Mine-ChatGPT

Several damn rejection because of the different icons used in .json and Web Store GUI, cause I thought they're not related together. Thanks Alphabet Inc. for very non-helpful and inconvenient rejection messages.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

i_am__not_a_robot t1_jdv37id wrote

On an unrelated note... why do you call yourself "the pogromist" ... ?

As far as I know, a pogrom (Russian: погро́м) is a "violent riot incited with the aim of massacring or expelling an ethnic or religious group, particularly Jews" (Source: Wikipedia).

alexmin93 t1_jdvnm53 wrote

It sounds similar to programmer (programist) in russian

Aquaritek t1_jdv3l34 wrote

Hoping for a case of:

"I had no idea and thought the word sounded cool"

Quintium t1_je16gpd wrote

I'm assuming it's because pogromist is similar to programist, which is Russian for programmer. Also, pogrom is not always used in the context of massacring ethnic groups, and stands for riots and chaos in general

i_am__not_a_robot t1_je17nwu wrote

I'd like to hear OP's take before I try his extension.

Quintium t1_je1c17v wrote

He did answer with the same thing I did, although in a somewhat confusing way

ThePogromist OP t1_jdvay6c wrote

>Do you know that words have a more than a singular meaning? You somehow wrote this comment so pretty sure you will be able to use google/DeepL or whatever else translator.
>
>> полный беспорядок, разгром ◆ И все это, надо заметить, делалось у нее как-то без всякой трескотни и погрома и всегда весело. Д.В. Григорович, «Недолгое счастье», 1884 г. [НКРЯ]
>
>> (figuratively) mayhem, chaos, disorder
>
>> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BC
>
>> комп. жарг. шутл. то же, что программист ◆ Отсутствует пример употребления (см. рекомендации).[https://ru.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82#:~:text=%D0%B6%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3.,%E2%97%86%20%D0%9E%D1%82%D1%81%D1%83%D1%82%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D1%83%D0%B5%D1%82%20%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%20%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F%20(%D1%81%D0%BC](https://ru.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82#:~:text=%D0%B6%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3.,%E2%97%86%20%D0%9E%D1%82%D1%81%D1%83%D1%82%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D1%83%D0%B5%D1%82%20%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%20%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F%20(%D1%81%D0%BC).
>
>https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=jargonism

x2

−6

Madgyver t1_jdve8bg wrote

I can see now, why Russian literature excels at tragedy and not so much in comedy.

sEi_ t1_jdv5u13 wrote

OP username is pretty offensive imo.

"A pogrom is a violent riot incited with the aim of massacring or expelling an ethnic or religious group, particularly Jews."

OP, any clarification?

ThePogromist OP t1_jdvakpe wrote

Do you know that words have a more than a singular meaning? You somehow wrote this comment so pretty sure you will be able to use google/DeepL or whatever else translator.

​

> полный беспорядок, разгром ◆ И все это, надо заметить, делалось у нее как-то без всякой трескотни и погрома и всегда весело. Д.В. Григорович, «Недолгое счастье», 1884 г. [НКРЯ]

> (figuratively) mayhem, chaos, disorderhttps://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BC

> комп. жарг. шутл. то же, что программист ◆ Отсутствует пример употребления (см. рекомендации).https://ru.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82#:~:text=%D0%B6%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3.,%E2%97%86%20%D0%9E%D1%82%D1%81%D1%83%D1%82%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D1%83%D0%B5%D1%82%20%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%20%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F%20(%D1%81%D0%BC.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=jargonism

−4

sEi_ t1_jdvdr8j wrote

Sorry I do not read or understand Russian.

The username is not "jargonism" but "ThePogromist" that any search, in any search engine will return as the first response, namely the answer I posted, if they even tell about other definitions/meanings/jargons at all.

That the word in your world can have another meaning I can not see change anything in this sphere.

If you where aware of the official [english] interpretation when picking that nick, then it is still 'fishy' at least.

But whatever I'm not loosing sleep over this.

----

Or as my friend said (GPT word spew alert):

Prompt:

>What is the obvious interpretation of the username "ThePogromist" aka pogromist?

Response:

>The term "pogrom" refers to an organized, often officially encouraged massacre or persecution of a particular ethnic or religious group, particularly Jews. Historically, pogroms have occurred in various countries, most notably in Russia and Eastern Europe. The term "pogromist" would be someone who participates in or advocates for such violence or persecution.
>
>Given this context, the username "ThePogromist" carries a negative connotation, as it seems to imply an association with or endorsement of such violence and persecution. However, as mentioned earlier, it's important to keep in mind that people choose usernames for various reasons, and the intended meaning might not always align with the obvious interpretation.

ThePogromist OP t1_jdvfv8r wrote

>Sorry I do not read or understand Russian.

Ну я то тебя понимаю, и даже указал тебе на английском, на возможность использовать что гугл переводчик, что DeepL.

Это не моя проблема что англоязычные лицемеры, ратующие за мультукультурность и равенство, натыкаются на непосильную задачу изучения жаргонов и мемов других культур.

−8

sEi_ t1_jdvgn7b wrote

Ohh - With that attitude and a 5 days old reddit account (throw-away account comes to mind) and the offensive username you will for sure have a good time here.

Welcome to reddit

Avastor_Neretal t1_jdvmgow wrote

Your mental problems and inability of understanding concept of the other cultures memes and jargonism isn't my problem.

You've proven that you're not only unable to follow wiki links, but also can't use translator which is integrated into a damn browser.

And all of that for the purpose of... of what? To prove me that reddit is full of vocal minorities which are being "oppressed" even by their own reflection? Lol, like if it's not well known fact.

−3

russellchestnut t1_jdv3b8o wrote

I was just googling for precisely this. Installed!

alexmin93 t1_jdvo0ls wrote

How can you do it without openai plugin access? Or you mean it just logs the chat into a file and nothing else? Can it provide context to the gpt?

Avastor_Neretal t1_jdvvsiy wrote

Just parsering until end of the page, looking for the specific CSS elements, and copying them into the .md file.

Codeblocks parsing and styling them into the markdown flavor was quite messy, so I decided to just make it entirely separated.
But when you download whole conversation, sadly they're presented as just a clunky plain text.

So, yeah, that's pretty much just logs backup. Though nothing prevents you from manually feeding this data back to the ChatGPT.

alexmin93 t1_jdvwpu9 wrote

Chatgpt website already feeds it back, that how the model knows what you've asked before. So there's little added value. But I might steal some code to make a poor man's api (aka selenium script to put prompt and click enter).

-xylon t1_jduwnkm wrote

Any chance to have this for Firefox?

ThePogromist OP t1_jdux39f wrote

Sure, when I will have enough of a free time again, but now I'm too busy with university.
Though I will aprecciate someone to make a commits on github for firefox support.

−1

ThePogromist OP t1_jdvcdh2 wrote

Cultural and linguistic lessons with GPT-4:

A jargonism is a term or expression that is specific to a particular profession, field, or group of people. Jargon often consists of specialized language, abbreviations, or terms that can be difficult for people outside the group to understand. Jargon is typically used to facilitate communication among members of the same profession or field, as it allows them to convey complex ideas more efficiently. However, it can also be confusing or exclusionary to those not familiar with the specific jargon.
Words can have more than one meaning, both offensive and neutral, due to various factors such as cultural, historical, and linguistic contexts. Language is constantly evolving, and words may gain or lose meanings over time. Different meanings can arise from changes in society, the need for new expressions to describe new ideas or experiences, or the adoption of terms from other languages. This can result in a single word having multiple meanings, sometimes with different connotations depending on the context in which it is used.
The Russian term "погромист" (pogromist) is a good example of a word with multiple meanings. In general, a "погромист" is someone who participates in a pogrom, which is a violent riot aimed at the persecution or massacre of a particular ethnic or religious group, often motivated by hatred or prejudice. This meaning carries a strong negative connotation.
However, in Russian programming jargon, a "погромист" is a programmer who tends to write messy or unoptimized code, without proper documentation or structure, often leading to bugs or issues in the software. This meaning is more neutral and is used humorously or critically among programmers to describe a colleague whose coding practices are less than ideal.
It is important to recognize the context in which the word "погромист" is used to determine its meaning. In the historical context, the term refers to a participant in violent acts against a specific group, while in programming jargon, it refers to a programmer with poor coding practices. By understanding the context and the audience, you can avoid confusion and misinterpretation.

−2

sEi_ t1_jdvi7f9 wrote

Try a search in any search engine for this: "Погромщик" or "ThePogromist" (OP's username).

You will not get any other definitions unless you specific ask for it by saying "jargon" or the like.

Why evade the fact that your username and you without reasonable doubt is glorifying the pogrom issue?

With a 5 day old reddit account, maybe ditch it and pick a more suitable name next time.

I mean no harm but your nick (still) worries me.

Btw. I can do GPT-4 too:

>The Russian word "погромщик" (pogromshchik) can be translated to English as "pogromist" or "rioter." It refers to someone who takes part in a pogrom, which is a violent attack or riot directed against a specific ethnic or religious group, often resulting in the destruction of property and the persecution or killing of individuals. Pogroms have historically been associated with the persecution of Jews in Eastern Europe, particularly in Russia and Ukraine.