Submitted by MBle t3_11v1eu7 in MachineLearning

Hi,

Is there any way to run llama (or any other) model in such a way, that you only pay per API request?

I wanted to test how the llama model would do in my specific usecase, but when I went to HF Interface Endpoints it says that I would have to pay over 3k USD per month (ofc I do not have that much money to spend on a side-project).

I would like to test this model by paying on per request basis.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

currentscurrents t1_jcqzjil wrote

I haven't heard of anybody running LLama as a paid API service. I think doing so might violate the license terms against commercial use.

>(or any other) model

OpenAI has a ChatGPT API that costs pennies per request. Anthropic also recently announced one for their Claude language model but I have not tried it.

veonua t1_jct419t wrote

Creating a monopoly on AI can be extremely risky. Although OpenAI was founded to prevent it, recent actions by the company suggest that they may be contributing to monopolization by reducing prices.

danielbln t1_jctk7sy wrote

Pennies per request would be a lot, it's a fraction of a penny per request.

Philpax t1_jcrgxbb wrote

As the other commenter said, it's unlikely anyone will advertise a service like this as LLaMA's license terms don't allow for it. In your situation, I'd just rent a cloud GPU server (Lambda Labs etc) and test the models you care about. It'll only end up being a dollar or two if you're quick with your use.

NotARedditUser3 t1_jcsc9lp wrote

You can get llama running on consumer grade hardware. There's 4 and 8 bit quantization for it i believe where it fits in a normal gpu's vram, i saw floating around here

veonua t1_jct3plc wrote

As far as I know, the Meta license forbids this, since the model is for academic purposes only