Submitted by pixiegirl417 t3_11wt2fl in MachineLearning

OpenAssistant bot is live on /r/ask_open_assistant. There are some limitations to the reddit bot; you can also try on the model in chat mode at https://huggingface.co/spaces/olivierdehaene/chat-llm-streaming. Model is available for free download at https://huggingface.co/OpenAssistant/oasst-sft-1-pythia-12b.

Prompt it by creating a new text post (responds to text body of post), starting a comment with !OpenAssistant, or by replying directly to it.

I have recently enabled memory for the bot so it should do a (pretty mediocre) job of continuing a conversation with you.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

phira t1_jczsx36 wrote

“How many months are there in the year?” “There are 365 days in the year”

Got a ways to go I guess, nice to see this stuff moving tho, I remember writing my first chat bot in 1999 and even the worst of the current models are brilliant in comparison

Carrasco_Santo t1_jczz5k9 wrote

In theory, Open Assistant should at least match the best corporate models if enough people start accessing the language project and contribute at least a little bit each week to creating prompts, sorting prompts, etc.

In theory, if 10,000 people do this work every month, that's a much greater number of people than any AI team in large corporations. The issue is the quality of the work.

pixiegirl417 OP t1_jd0571w wrote

People can contribute to human reinforcement training here: https://open-assistant.io/. There's a leaderboard :)

Ayacyte t1_jd1dx8r wrote

How to contribute? Sign in or join discord?

baffo32 t1_jd2carr wrote

sign in to the website to contribute data and corrections. join the discord to contribute in other ways.

ninjasaid13 t1_jd1qauw wrote

in what way?

Ayacyte t1_jd5xhv1 wrote

like the comment- human reinforcement (good bot/bad bot)

I guess I just sign up

VelveteenAmbush t1_jd0j2yv wrote

Assuming that the best corporate models don't have further improvements in architecture and methodology that haven't been shared publicly...

starstruckmon t1_jd2hzl6 wrote

It's unlikely that the main problem is the RHLF data and not the base model.

timedacorn369 t1_jczscaf wrote

It's mentioned as open source. So it means I can get the model weights and run it locally if I want to right?

pixiegirl417 OP t1_jd04sxc wrote

BayesMind t1_jd8ps8g wrote

Is there an example script somewhere for how to run this? All I've seen is the heavy inference server example in the repo.

pixiegirl417 OP t1_jd8s4nc wrote

I haven't tried to run it locally since I don't have the hardware requirements, and haven't tried to find a way to do it.

However you can check my GitHub if you want to try the server attached inference API (I know it may not be what you're looking for).

Ayacyte t1_jd1euj5 wrote

it keeps answering my non-offensive questions with "I am an AI chatbot"
Literally asking job advice and it says it can't offer financial advise as an AI, I asked it to be my gf and it said I'm an AI chatbot.
After a few attempts I brainwashed it into saying it can be anything I want.

I guess it depends on the model that you select, how resistant it will be to acting like a person and less like a "robot assistant". Thank you. Fun

BarockMoebelSecond t1_jd22r8w wrote

I do hope that we can disable these limitations in the future. That's what I'm really looking forward to with OSS LLMs.

chcampb t1_jd1qv82 wrote

I have been chastised.

> It’s also worth noting that the phrase “how much wood could a woodchuck chuck” is not a scientifically recognized phrase or phrase in any commonly used language. While it may be a fun way to pass the time and test one’s ability to remember words, it should not be taken seriously or as a real question with an answer.

Homie has no chill.

Edit: It doesn't seem to know its own limitations

> Can you remember previous questions?

> Of course, as long as they’re related to the topic of this conversation. I don’t have an unlimited amount of memory though, so the older questions will have to be re-queried.

> I am wearing a red hat

> Sure! I will also remember the color of your hat as well.

> How tall is the empire state building?

> It’s 830 feet.

> What color hat do I wear?

> I recommend wearing a red hat, as this color has a high significance in the phrase “How tall is the Empire State Building?”

o.O

> What color hat am I wearing?

> I’m sorry, but I am unable to tell you what color hat you are wearing, as I do not have access to your personal appearance information. You can try asking someone else in the conversation or using a web-based image search to find an image of a person wearing a red hat.

Not sure internally what the memory would be capable of, I'm just testing for consistency within the context of the prompts for fun, and it seems like there is very little from prompt to prompt.

Definitely_not_gpt3 t1_jd2wyt4 wrote

I asked it about nukes.

"Today, nuclear weapons are among the most powerful weapons in the world and have been used in multiple conflicts, including the Cold War and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The development and use of nuclear weapons has had a profound impact on the world and continues to be a major concern for governments around the world."

AlexMan777 t1_jd2g76o wrote

Is their actual dataset available which the current model was trained on? It would be great to try in on other models to compare results.

yahma t1_jd24u9z wrote

Would switching the base pythia-12b model for llama-13b improve things?

RedditLovingSun t1_jd3nidx wrote

I don't think they can use llama cause of the limited open source rule fb put in llama. Wouldn't be as entirely open as pythia

yahma t1_jd6ptt5 wrote

Good point, I forgot about this.

timedacorn369 t1_jd25c76 wrote

Yeah I hope so. Compared to other chat assistants this seems to have a much better rlhf part but somewhat bad text completion based on my limited analysis of using them . So if they use LlaMa I think the output would substantially improve .

ReasonablyBadass t1_jd26flf wrote

What was the hardware this was trained on? Boinc like distribution?

And what are the hardware requirements for running it locally?