Submitted by General-Wing-785 t3_126zxjo in MachineLearning

As an ML developer, what are the top 3 pain points that you would love to see solved. This could be something very specific (Example: I spend a lot of time in building a model architecture using Keras) or something broad (Example: I struggle with Model Serving because of the lack of easy to use infrastructure). Also, please mention how you workaround these paint points. Looking forward to the discussion. Thank you!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

cthorrez t1_jecv5ox wrote

Code quality of my own and my team's code

The reliability of the engineering platforms we use. (spark, gpu clusters, ci/cd build pipelines)

The correctness and completeness of the data we ingest

General-Wing-785 OP t1_jedkzcg wrote

Thanks! A few follow up questions:

• do you do most of your experiments in a notebook and then manually translate it to a classic python project for code review/deployments?
  • what has been the most frustrating part about the engineering platforms? Non deterministic build/compute times?
  • do you use any data auditing libraries for data quality?

Philpax t1_jed8vd0 wrote

Deploying anything developed with Python to a end-user's machine

General-Wing-785 OP t1_jedl8nt wrote

Is this because of a lack of tools to deploy Python models/functions to the edge? Also when you say user’s machine, is it a browser or a native app?

Philpax t1_jee04jo wrote

It's just difficult to wrangle all of the dependencies; I want to be able to wrap an entire model in a complete isolated black box that I can call into with a C API or similar.

That is, I'd like something like https://github.com/ggerganov/llama.cpp/blob/master/llama.h without having to rewrite the entire model.

For my use cases, native would be good, but web would be a nice to have. (With enough magic, a native solution could be potentially compiled to WebAssembly?)

a_beautiful_rhind t1_jeeab0q wrote

People using creepy newspeak like "pain points".

−5