Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

whydontigetbetter01 t1_isc8q3e wrote

Are there any constraints on developing ML projects regarding the platform? Me and my friends want to develop a mobile app both in IOS & Android that is basically a yoga app where it checks your form/posture on camera while you are doing the yoga poses and give feedback regarding to your form. We don't know much about ML, we are going to learn through it as we have time, we will train our own model.

Is there something we should take into consideration? We thought we can implement it on Flutter in order to deploy it on both IOS and Android but we are not sure, is that doable? Training your own model then doing a mobile app with flutter using the trained model. We are trying to declare stuff like these before starting on implementation but we have no clue if we have any constraints. Can anyone help us?

ThrowThisShitAway10 t1_isds7hu wrote

whydontigetbetter01 t1_isdvowf wrote

this won’t be enough for what we are planning to aicheve hence we’ll train a model.

regardless, I was wondering whether development language/ide is important for doing such a thin

itsyourboiirow t1_iskqzyh wrote

I don’t know what flutter is. But PyTorch has methods that will optimize a model for mobile devices and make it GPU compatible for both iOS and Android.