Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

xtof54 t1_j28kaju wrote

The best for me would be an opensource mobile-compliant PDF reader that nicely reflows the text of scientific PDFs for small screens... But I'm aware this is very challenging ;-)

Thank you anyway for opensourcing!

Philpax t1_j28k3v0 wrote

Not sure if these are supported already (just skimmed over the website and the list you've put here), but these are things I've wanted for while reading papers:

• Dark mode. Viewing white PDFs before bed is unpleasant.
  • A way to view two-column papers as a single column (putting the right column below the left column?) so that I don't have to keep moving around

Those are probably the two things that bother me the most. In terms of exciting future work and keeping with the theme, you could also consider doing some automatic summarisation of text / papers (especially for citations), but that's much less necessary.

highergraphic OP t1_j28kkqe wrote

> Dark mode. Viewing white PDFs before bed is unpleasant.

We do have a dark mode! Additionally we have a custom color mode where you can exactly specify the color that you want for the text and background.

> A way to view two-column papers as a single column (putting the right column below the left column?) so that I don't have to keep moving around

Using the ruler mode, we automatically handle two column documents (see the ruler section of the tutorial). Additionally you can create a macro to jump to the top right of the document (shown in this part of the tutorial: https://youtu.be/RaHRvnb0dY8?t=436)

Philpax t1_j28kosv wrote

Awesome, thanks! I'll give it a try sometime :)

SupplyChainPhd t1_j28mbwu wrote

Looks dope! I’ll give it a download and try it out next week or so.

ID4gotten t1_j28mcrp wrote

Show if the reference really says what the paper says it says.
Show if claims are disputed elsewhere.
Identify plagiarism or likely use of AI.
Jump internally to referenced statements or sections.
Open supplements in a side panel or tab.
Zoom to figures in full screen.
Link to grant funding info.
Similar articles search.
Quick word definitions.

sad_dad_is_a_mad_lad t1_j28mr98 wrote

This looks pretty cool... but I think it would need touch support for me to want to use it though in place of just Drawboard, or even Edge.