Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wang422003 t1_j2zan9x wrote

That’s way better than mine. I posted dozens of comments, asking for discussion, because obviously there is one reviewer has not spend more than 10 minutes on reading my submission. But he didn’t response. And the other reviewers just edited their review, instead of joining the discussion. Well.

emad_eldeen t1_j2zhnx5 wrote

First, I'm sure that they read your reply, maybe also more than once, and I'm sure they come back many times to see if other reviewers responded or not ... this is human nature. But what doesn't make them reply, that's the question. The first possibility is that these reviewers just ask their students to do the review for them, and don't come back to them for reply. The second is that they had an initial thought about the paper, maybe they didn't like the ideas presentation or the writing, and they are not welling to change their feedback whatever you said. I'm not sure about the exact reason, but this is not in ICLR alone, maybe this is the public one, but this is the case in most rebuttals.

wang422003 t1_j30vur6 wrote

Yeah I also think the reviewers who edited their reviews read my response. Actually, one of them claimed that he/she is not in my research field, so I sincerely asked for a discussion in my response, so that I can acknowledge how to make my paper readable for those not in the same research field. (Since my research topic is quite unpopular, this is the case.) But I waited for months, and got nothing. I am not sure that is it really a good way to ignore my response/request about the discussion? The scores on my submission diverge quite a lot, but none of the reviewers ever joined the discussion.