Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

blablanonymous t1_j7bjjgw wrote

Lol are you joking? No one is talking about being able to buy a home. I’m talking about being able to afford a 1 bedroom. Look up the median rent in SF since 2010. It almost doubled until he recently started decreasing in certain area. You don’t think a rent that doubles is going to push some people on the street? Do you live in SF? If so ask someone who has been there for 20 years how the situation has changed over that period.

po-handz t1_j7btjnu wrote

No it would just push people to move farther from the city center

If you can afford 1000/month when prices go up you move. You don't suddenly become homeless with a salary/career where you were able to live in SF before

blablanonymous t1_j7cgt6m wrote

There are a lot of people with absolutely no disposable income. Just having to move is a huge financial stress to them. Aside from the actual cost of moving, you might need to spend more time commuting which adds more cost. A ton of people are very vulnerable financially. Why do you think there are so many homeless people? They’re just lazy? I’m curious where you live? This stuff is really obvious

po-handz t1_j7gemeh wrote

I'm curious how much you've interacts with the homeless? Any soup kitchens or charity events? There's maybe a 1 out of 50 chance you come across some one who's well put together, education, has a job, but is just a few bucks short each months

those aren't the people waiting in line at the shelter

blablanonymous t1_j7hjlhe wrote

They don’t start like that. It takes time to pile up enough problems on a human for them to become addict or mentally ill

po-handz t1_j7ibdwd wrote

What you think rich people don't suffer from mental illness?

Not every problem can be blamed on someone else, especially if the issue is your own brain

blablanonymous t1_j7j50ur wrote

Of course they can. Ok you’re just trolling at this point. Good luck