Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

EmbarrassedHelp t1_j9d76n8 wrote

With unlimited money, I would use a sphere of high quality cameras on a metal rig to capture them at a specific instance in time. Then I'd use photogrammetry to stitch the images together.

Valachio OP t1_j9d8wra wrote

I'm looking for a solution that allows anyone to do this using just their phone

parabellum630 t1_j9dcup7 wrote

3D morphable models are the way to go for image of face to 3d model. I have previously done a lot of research work on this. The deep learning model takes an image as input and outputs 3d model as an obj or fbx file. This can be used in any 3d editing software. Take a look at DECA on github.

Valachio OP t1_j9dqmsh wrote

DECA looks cool and it looks viable for my project. I'll look into it a bit deeper. Thanks for the suggestion.

Superschlenz t1_j9doev2 wrote

Anytwo would be cheaper. One person is standing still and the other person is moving around them making photos or a video with a phone. Turntables large enough to hold a person and actuators for moving the phone up and down sound expensive.

Valachio OP t1_j9i5eh3 wrote

Anytwo? I'm looking that up and can't find anything on it.

xorbinant_ranchu t1_j9d8yue wrote

Nerf networks

Valachio OP t1_j9dqpnt wrote

Interesting stuff. The research is actually a couple of years old which is surprising, I expected it to be like months old and not years old. Are you involved with the project?

mansumi_ t1_j9dctxk wrote

It depends on the downstream application, what do you need to do with it?

Valachio OP t1_j9dgmvq wrote

I want to let users upload a 3D model of themselves onto an app and try out different clothing on their model. I can tell you more over message if you're interested in hearing more