Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SmargelingArgarfsner t1_jds6rew wrote

r/fucklawns would like a word.

wessex464 t1_jdsa70d wrote

Good for them. People can do what they want.

raggedtoad t1_jdsbtq1 wrote

Lawns are easy as shit to maintain in Maine, especially if you use a water-retaining clover mix. Maine gets plenty of natural rain and even irrigation is easily supported by the plentiful ground and surface water resources.

Go bring your boring Reddit hivemind nonsense back where you found it.

−23

Beasagdeux t1_jdsmszn wrote

don't be that way dude.

You be you.. but not everyone like mowing. My husband has hated it for as long as I have known him... our 30 yo son hates it as well.. though tbf he has horrible grass allergies.

I am also not a fan of gas powered chores. And even less of a fan of paying to water the damned lawn. The lawn is mostly clover... never had any issues with it for decades.. until the last 2 or 3 years.

So between the weather and the lawnmower... I'll be happy as heck to turn my yard into something other than grass.

I don't much care what it looks like as long as the neighbors don't complain and I don't have to mow.

raggedtoad t1_jdsncno wrote

I don't give a shit if you don't have a lawn. Everyone is free to do what they want. If your front yard is just moss and pine needles, that's awesome. Low maintenance. I get it.

What I really don't like is the people like those in /r/fucklawns who make it their mission to shame other people for doing what they want with their own property.

−1

guethlema t1_jdspbkh wrote

And like you mentioned, clover mixes don't require hardly any maintenance lol.

Yeah any subreddit that begins "fuck" is just awful. Like I agree with the tenants of that sub but i had to unsubscribe because it's just thousands of own-fart wafting and finger wagging posts.