Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

New_Sun6390 t1_jdf7dgf wrote

Reply to comment by kubabooba in Who do I call here? by [deleted]

>as well as CMPs delivery fee.

CMP's delivery fee has not increased since 2000. The only increases have been on the supply side

CMP is not perfect but people here seem to think it is okay to spread false information and blame them for supply prices they have zero co trol over.

Blame New Brunswick Power and NextEra for standard offer increases. The other electricity supply ripoff artists like Electricity Maine are far too numerous to list here.

−14

YayforFriday t1_jdf8xtl wrote

Do you really not think that CMP also benefits from the rate hikes? They collect more supplier fees when the rates go up. They lobby for more rate hikes every year. Their profits are at a record high. This isn't a not for profit electricity company, although one is going to be on the ballot!

intent107135048 t1_jdfbfhm wrote

Can you tell me how CMP gets money from increased supplier fees? Won’t delivery be the same since it’s based on unit?

−5

L0stintheSauce t1_jdfdafk wrote

Good question, anybody know if CMP has had increased profits this year? I assume it should be down since it was a milder winter.

That would be a good argument that CMP isn’t making money off of the increases

intent107135048 t1_jdfduz1 wrote

There are other reasons for increased profits. Lower costs from cuts. Capital investments in previous years paying off. Fewer storms. No pandemic. Increased fuel costs meaning poor people are resorting to electric heat more.

Of all the things to hate CMP for, why focus on blaming them for higher supply fees? The more likely story is that all those suppliers need to recoup their anti-corridor campaign funds and cash in before a huge green investment.

−8

L0stintheSauce t1_jdfen0p wrote

CMP did increase delivery rates on standard offer by 49% in 2023 so that could contribute I would think.

intent107135048 t1_jdfew37 wrote

That they did. Maybe I misread it, but the poster I was responding to said that CMP benefitted from higher supplier rates.

−1

L0stintheSauce t1_jdff84q wrote

Right, sorry if I sounded aggressive! I wasn’t really targeting you, just wanted to add to that thread.

I just feel like a lot of people are saying cmp isn’t making any money and isn’t the problem at all and I just don’t get where that message is coming from.

intent107135048 t1_jdffef3 wrote

No worries. It sucks since I’m no CMP apologist but I certainly feel like one for suggesting they’re not 100% evil.

New_Sun6390 t1_jdfj7a4 wrote

>CMP did increase delivery rates on standard offer by 49% in 2023 so that could contribute I would think.

The delivery rates have not changed in 2023. The supply rates did. Please place the blame where it belongs... with the supplier, not CMP

−2

L0stintheSauce t1_jdfq2yx wrote

Last delivery rate for cmp increased August 2021 (of 11.5%) and they requested a 30% increase last year but were denied. So not for lack of trying.

New_Sun6390 t1_jdfjftq wrote

>Can you tell me how CMP gets money from increased supplier fees? Won’t delivery be the same since it’s based on unit?

CMP does not get a single nickel from higher supplier fees. Not. One. Nickel. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

−1

kubabooba t1_jdfe62b wrote

Compare your delivery fee 2021 to now and tell me again the CMP didn't increase their supply rates. take a chill pill and stop yelling.

New_Sun6390 t1_jdfi375 wrote

I did not yell. However, CMP does not have supply rates. Since 2000, CMP has been out of the electricity supply business. Period. This is a fact.

The increases in supply rates are from another company. CMP is in the unenviable position of being required by law to bill on suppliers' behalf. It is strictly a pass thru.

Again, CMP only delivers power, like a FexEx for electrons. CMP is not allowed to supply power. They get no revenue from the supply portion of your bill. so calling it "their" (CMP) supply rates is inaccurate.

kubabooba t1_jdg8od9 wrote

So what is the term used for CMP chagrinning customers to deliver the electricity, provide customer service, equipment repairs etc ( I used deliver fee) I understand that cmp does not generate the power and does not sell power, I switch my provider every 6 months or when ever the contract agreement runs out.

fridaycat t1_jdfmnv3 wrote

Check who your supplier is. I process numerous cmp bills, and some of the suppliers are way MORE expensive than the standard supplier.