Submitted by Otherwise-Season-625 t3_11ovukz in Maine

Hi y'all,

My husband and I have been looking for good board game stores in the Bangor area, and there's an entry on Google for a placed called Serious Jester. The problem is that there's no address listed. Anyone know anything about this place?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mykabelle t1_jbutxip wrote

Game citadel sold me a not working DS cartridge so be aware but the environment is awesome

mykabelle t1_jbuu527 wrote

If you’re willing to take the drive Eagle hill stamps and coins (it’s a game store though) is the best game store I’ve ever been too. They have games for every console we found great stuff for our DS Wii Gameboy Color and Nintendo 64 all for a great price located in Presque Isle

JimBones31 t1_jburb1r wrote

I think Game Citadel is where you should look

Otherwise-Season-625 OP t1_jbuziut wrote

We've been to this one and really enjoyed it, but thanks for the suggestion!

KYazut t1_jbxchul wrote

Game citadel is the only one in the immediate area. But Briar Patch has a very small selection as well. And Bull Moose and Books a Million have a medium sized section. Also Target/Walmart occasionally have some good ones.

You’ll need to drive to Belfast or Augusta for the next closest dedicated boardgame store other than Game Citadel.

If you are on Facebook, you can join the Bangor Area Gamers Guild-BAGG group. They have boardgame meetups and folks sometimes sell their used games there. Also, there’s a gaming convention held in Bangor most Januaries called Snow Con.

thebeezneez33 t1_jbvjgoa wrote

I found what you are referring to on Google. According to a comment added by the website, they are virtual only. And do not buy games only design and develop.

thebeezneez33 t1_jbvjl6q wrote

On that note though, we checked out a super cool Game store in Augusta yesterday called Game On.