Submitted by username-xxx1 t3_11pkw1a in Maine

Doesn’t anyone who was recently hired for MaineHealth know if they do pre employment drug testing along with the medical call? Idk if this matters but it is for an administrative position.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MAD_WRX t1_jbyhzh5 wrote

My neighbor was hired a year or two ago for the facilities department. He said they didn't drug test, only concerned with tobacco for insurance purposes.

nicocorn t1_jbyx9gq wrote

They do a urine sample for tobacco screening if you want to avoid the monthly $120 tobacco fine.

Inevitable_Raccoon50 t1_jc08mvg wrote

My wife starts her orientation for MaineHealth tomorrow. They didn’t drug test her.

Frosty_Stage_1464 t1_jc13xae wrote

Tobacco screening for health insurance purposes. For those in here arguing - nobody gives a fuck about your weed - or what medication it replaced - it receives federal funding yes but it doesn’t matter if an employee smokes weed. It does matter if MaineHealth has their hands in any regulation of marijuana (which it doesn’t). There is a general expectation you show up to your job, unimpaired, and sober.

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_jbyxa84 wrote

Is it really that hard to just not do drugs long enough for them not to show up on a test?

−12

LibraryMatt t1_jbz0tz6 wrote

when it's medically prescribed as a replacement of sleeping pills, etc? kind of my dude. Think compassionately.

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_jbz1jlj wrote

Then can't you get a drs note to explain why it's in your system?

If this question wasn't asked so frequently (not just for Maine health, it's been asked quite a bit for similar companies)

Be open and upfront about it. Don't try to hide and then try to explain it. If the employer still has an issue, you can look elsewhere for work!

−5

PBJIsGood1 t1_jbz5i0w wrote

Hospitals get federal funding, and cannabis is illegal federally. If you explain yourself, it won't matter.

ghT4uS68O0ogg3Y t1_jbzrjxc wrote

A Dr note will not work for jobs that have federally mandated testing. It's still illegal at the federal level

nogzila t1_jbzmry5 wrote

Sadly weed stays in your system longer then any of the hard drugs 4-6 weeks depending on how much body fat you have and such.

Sometimes hard to plan a month and a half in advance for that.

Most hard drugs is 3-5 days .

Beasagdeux t1_jbz2z5f wrote

Who the heck wants to come off their meds for 30 days in order to take a pre-employment test if they don't have to?

You are an idiot if you think they only test for illegal drugs.

And no.. a note from your doctor ISN'T usually good enough.

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_jbz78fw wrote

You're an idiot for assuming I don't know what drug tests test for..

However, I figured since weed is legal in state, a drs note would help.. as for other medications, are you trying to say nobody with a prescription for real drugs that are included in drug tests can work then? Cause I'm pretty sure a drs note would help them explain WHY it's in their system...

−2

Guygan t1_jbyf0ro wrote

This question gets asked here literally every month. Do a search.

−13

username-xxx1 OP t1_jbyh6r5 wrote

I did a search and found one from 7 months ago. Didn’t know if anything had changed