Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

indyaj t1_iqrsf26 wrote

> Capitalism is all sunshine and rainbows

They didn't say that.

Can you give an example of a Communist society that solved the problems you listed? How is Communism better than Capitalism? For the record, I don't think capitalism is the answer. At best, it's unsustainable. At best. But I don't see communism as the answer.

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqru9ir wrote

Cuba right now has one of the best healthcare systems in the world, they as a small island nation made their own COVID vaccine and shipped doctors to other countries to help them with short staffed hospitals

indyaj t1_iqrvsxf wrote

Can you post a link to this info?

Edit: also sources to the other problems you listed that were "solved by communism." It would be great if you could include info on how oppression and authoritarianism aren't included in communism saving the world.

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqry4rs wrote

For the Vaccine and then for the Doctors

indyaj t1_iqsae7r wrote

The first link goes literally nowhere. The second to a link about Cuban doctors going to another country to help. That's not communism. If it is, then the US government is communism.

Communism doesn't "solve" problems any more than capitalism does. It does have a phenomenally shitty record on human rights though.

Redleaves1313 t1_iqtcmz9 wrote

Communism works so poorly that the current form of “communism” is very far from the original idea of communism.

Treesaregreen2 t1_iqrvrnk wrote

I didn’t say they said that.

In communist countries homelessness is quite low comparatively to the US. They’ve made a lot of progress in the last few decades whereas things have only gotten worse in the US for years now.

indyaj t1_iqrwanw wrote

> I didn’t say they said that.

Ok, you inferred it.

> In communist countries homelessness is quite low comparatively to the US. They’ve made a lot of progress in the last few decades whereas things have only gotten worse in the US for years now.

Can you post a link that shows this?

indyaj t1_iqsegfq wrote

>Okay, and?

Your inference is false.

Good references though don't illustrate that communism is the solution to homelessness.

How do you think the Uyghurs feel about it?

Treesaregreen2 t1_iqslojb wrote

>Your inference is false.

That OP loves capitalism? Their comments speak for themselves, yours don’t.

>Good references though don't illustrate that communism is the solution to homelessness.

You asked for references specifically on my comment saying communist countries have made progress combatting homelessness, whereas the US has only gotten worse. You didn’t ask me for citations on how communism is the solution to homelessness. That’s called moving the goal post, focus.

>How do you think the Uyghurs feel about it?

How do you think African slaves felt? What about the refugee children still being separated from their parents at the border?