Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Existing_Bat1939 t1_itin6uw wrote

There's nothing in Windham, unless they've finally done something with the old mill in South Windham. If anyplace is still open on the Naples Causeway, there's that. I also think there's a place on the left in Lewiston as you come over the bridge on 202.

secret-handshakes t1_itiud05 wrote

Is Augusta too far? State Lunch and Cushnoc (especially if the back/ riverside area is open) are excellent

tjmme55 t1_itivbe1 wrote

The first thing that comes to mind would be Boomers in.Nowray on Norway Lake. They have a big deck out back and their dining room has big windows looking at the lake. I don't think of the place as a "foodie" type establishment though and certainly not fine dining by any means. That being said, the onion rings and bbq pulled pork are awesome.

tjmme55 t1_itiydra wrote

I think that's a fair assessment. Keep in mind this is small town Maine we're talking about. Of course they are going to be more friendly and welcoming to people who frequent the place. I grew up in OHills (moved away long ago), and now tha you mention it, I do recall that place being a hangout for the local biker crowd. I never had any issues there myself, but typically went for lunch and beers on the deck during the afternoon.

There is also Cindy's Dockside in Poland. I have heard the food isn't that great, and again it's mostly locals, but Cindy herself is a hoot. I have seen her leave the bar and actually drive drunk people home and come back. Never seen a bartender do that before....

FredegarBolger910 t1_itiz9fx wrote

I have not actually been, but Lintonia Bar and grill on Tacoma lakes in Litchfield looks like it has a gorgeous view

Hammockrider t1_itj2j4n wrote

Norway Brewing Company in Oxford area. Willows Awake (outside Lewiston) if you are into a fancier scene, quality drinks

DifferenceMore5431 t1_itj40lo wrote

Oxbow Brewing Co has a nice outdoor beer garden in Oxford with fire pits and pretty good pizza. Not much of a "view" per se but it's a cool outdoor spot. They are known for their farmhouse style beers, if that's your thing you should definitely check it out. Not so much IPAs.

Gritty's in Auburn has a deck with a view of the Androscoggin river and Lewiston skyline.

backbaybilly t1_itj4iko wrote

Over in Norway, near Oxford go to Boomers and sit on their deck. Lake views. If you want to see lots of trees on a ridge, no lake, go to Fluvial Brewing in Harrison. Nice outdoor setting, fire pits, etc. Sometimes music and food trucks.

enjoiart t1_itj98sv wrote

Oxbow in Oxford is a nice vibe all year. Good beer, nice outdoor seating, fires, and a-frames in the winter. Not on the water but you could always grab a growler and go check out the little androscoggin right down the road a few minute walk nice little waterfall dam.

Lady-Kat1969 t1_itjjzcq wrote

The food at Cindy's is pretty decent. Not spectacular, but good enough that you'd stop again if you were passing by and hungry. Can't speak for the local/non-local vibe, because my mother knew one of their long-term employees pretty well so we kinda cheated there.

Gritty's in Auburn has been good the few times I've been there, and they do have water views.

shenshenw t1_itkp1fs wrote

I used to love their lobster roll, but I stopped going years ago because I got tired of listening to the owner scream at the staff in the kitchen. Has that improved at all?

Phi_Gam22 t1_itvt36y wrote

Freedom Pub in Naples is right on Long Lake