Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Solar_Saves t1_iudsxxd wrote

Yes, New England School for Metalwork in Auburn And CMCC- Central Maine Community College does welding and had a free class that started in August…

GraniteGeekNH t1_iudtbbw wrote

As a fallback, see if there's a makerplace around you with a metal shop - they often teach welding. But these schools sound much more likely.

NESchoolofMetalwork t1_iuej00i wrote

Not to toot our own horn, but here at New England School of Metalwork we offer great welding programs designed to fit your needs and your budget.

We have twice weekly night classes for those looking to pick up a new skill while still working full-time, as well as a full-time, 13 week comprehensive course during the day. We also offer a variety of financial aid and payment options.

We have everything from old-fashioned stick machines to the most advanced robotic welders on the market, and we’re conveniently located in Auburn, Maine, right by the Lewiston line.

If you’d like to learn more just click the link in our bio here, or send us a message, we hope to see you soon!

Gayasskat t1_iudrpb2 wrote

New England school of metalwork in auburn is the first thing that came to mind. They do welding and blacksmithing

NESchoolofMetalwork t1_iuej6uw wrote

We sure do! We not only offer full time comprehensive welding courses and night time classes, but also wonderful blacksmithing and bladesmithing programs.

Thanks for recommending us!

JooePasta t1_iudv55o wrote

I've taken two classes at New England School of metal work. Both mine were black smith and they were top notch. Price for each course was about 500$. They do certifications there as well. It's in auburn so it'd be great for you.

NESchoolofMetalwork t1_iuejsho wrote

Thanks for this recommendation! We strive to provide the absolute best eduction and training to our students, whether they’re forging or welding.

Right now our twice weekly welding night classes are $530 per month. 24 hours of training at just about $22 an hour, 6-9p Mondays and Wednesdays.

Which classes did you take?

JooePasta t1_iueqlrw wrote

I took intro to blacksmithing and tool making. Both were with Dan Glaser (butchering the last name sorry!) Thoroughly enjoyed both classes! Would recommend anyone to try it out!

NESchoolofMetalwork t1_iuf2ir7 wrote

Nailed this last name, but I think you likely meant Dereck* Glaser, our founder and director. He’s pretty amazing at forging steel, I learned from him as well and I see him teach pretty frequently, never fails to impress.

Hope you come back some day!

JooePasta t1_iuj5kq4 wrote

Hah! I knew something wasn't right. Thank you. Yes Dereck Glaser is a great teacher! I'll be back some wintery month for sure.

JooePasta t1_iudvcxb wrote

Maine OXY used to be right behind it as well so you could pick up a tank after taking a class. Not sure if it still is.

katesheppard t1_iuey7pg wrote

People’s Inclusive Welding - SoPo

chefkittious t1_iuemty9 wrote

Eastern Maine Community College

WangnanJahad t1_iueqsid wrote

Yea NESM is your best bet and they're right across the river.

CertifiedTooshyWiper t1_iuf3xus wrote

If you’re under 25 check out the Penobscot job Corp great opportunity and free!

redfancydress t1_iufaj2y wrote

If you’re ages 16-23 you can join Job Corp and learn it there.

MooseTed t1_iufqu6t wrote

SMCC in South Portland offers 4 or 5 different classes.

Guygan t1_iudoiii wrote

> peaked my interest

Nope.

It “piqued” your interest.

https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/peak-peek-pique/

−4

Way2L8AND1 t1_iudy3nk wrote

TIL.....

Taking a peek from the peak of Katahdin has piqued my interest.