Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JooePasta t1_iudv55o wrote

I've taken two classes at New England School of metal work. Both mine were black smith and they were top notch. Price for each course was about 500$. They do certifications there as well. It's in auburn so it'd be great for you.

NESchoolofMetalwork t1_iuejsho wrote

Thanks for this recommendation! We strive to provide the absolute best eduction and training to our students, whether they’re forging or welding.

Right now our twice weekly welding night classes are $530 per month. 24 hours of training at just about $22 an hour, 6-9p Mondays and Wednesdays.

Which classes did you take?

JooePasta t1_iueqlrw wrote

I took intro to blacksmithing and tool making. Both were with Dan Glaser (butchering the last name sorry!) Thoroughly enjoyed both classes! Would recommend anyone to try it out!

NESchoolofMetalwork t1_iuf2ir7 wrote

Nailed this last name, but I think you likely meant Dereck* Glaser, our founder and director. He’s pretty amazing at forging steel, I learned from him as well and I see him teach pretty frequently, never fails to impress.

Hope you come back some day!

JooePasta t1_iuj5kq4 wrote

Hah! I knew something wasn't right. Thank you. Yes Dereck Glaser is a great teacher! I'll be back some wintery month for sure.

JooePasta t1_iudvcxb wrote

Maine OXY used to be right behind it as well so you could pick up a tank after taking a class. Not sure if it still is.