Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bugdude666 t1_iv184o0 wrote

It’ll be icy and cold. Depending on when it warms up this year it could be a little slushy. That being said, our restaurants and museums and stuff will be open and a lot less crowded than during summer and leaf season! You’ll want to get some boots and coats, though.

crypto_crypt_keeper t1_iv1aj26 wrote

So far so good this year though in terms of weather. I bet the mountains are starting to get worried about snowfall with all this warmth

bugdude666 t1_iv1cbsk wrote

Right? This weekend is supposed to be super warm, I am unsettled

Euphoric_Routine_438 OP t1_iv1es3l wrote

For what it’s worth, it would be the last week in March at least! Sounds like it has pros and cons. Ultimately, would the weather be preventative from getting the full experience? (Probably touristy to someone who lives up there, but is lobster still a thing that time of year?)

bugdude666 t1_iv1ft1e wrote

Lobster is a thing all year round lol, you’d probably get it cheaper in march. In my opinion, the “full experience” of Maine IS the cold and slushy weather. If by the full experience you mean pretty leaves and schooners in the harbor, then no, you won’t get those in March. But you’ll get to see “real” Maine! And Portland is pretty hopping all year round. Highly recommend checking out the art museum (Dahlov Ipcar is phenomenal) and the comic shops in the old port if you do visit. Hope that helps!

E: spring usually arrives sometime between late March and late May, depending on how you see spring and how the weather is acting this year. Seeing crocuses poking through snow is pretty common.

Euphoric_Routine_438 OP t1_iva2x51 wrote

Went ahead and booked the flights! Be there in March! Will absolutely check both of those out, all recommendations welcome we will have a few days and have no experience with the area