Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Euphoric_Routine_438 OP t1_iva33cz wrote

Went ahead and booked! You raise a good point though. I’m sure this is a cop-out with what I’ve heard about some of the smaller boutique hotels in the area, but I’m a Marriott guy and will be paying mostly in points. Any thoughts on the location/general niceness level of either the Westin or the AC hotel? Westin looks essentially to be in the core of downtown, although again I have no idea what I’m talking about

crypto_crypt_keeper t1_iva3ww5 wrote

So I go into Portland twice a week, once for a run and once with my teenage daughter because she loves the city and we just walk around, usually get dinner. The Westin is right next to the parking garage I use everytime so short answer is yes you nailed it on the head haha. That's a great area, tons of restaurants within eyesight even but even more options with in short walking distance. you guys are going to have a good time no doubt. Like I said though bring the best boots ya got. As far as the AC hotel, it's a great location as well it's closer to the wharf and stuff but either location is prime