Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Revan995 OP t1_iwudcb5 wrote

Very helpful and good advice! Will definitely do plenty of research on whatever we end up with. Harman is definitely at the top of my list right near PelPro.

MSSCIGuy t1_iwudkji wrote

One caveat that I'll make is that my Harman is an insert, meaning it replaced an old wood fire place in the house. The chimney runs up the middle of the house, and the radiant heat from the chimney helps to heat the upstairs, so I can't speak to how well a standing pellet stove would heat an upstairs area. I know one poster said that it was a bit of an issue for them.

Revan995 OP t1_iwue0kr wrote

Yeah that's true. I'm sure it likely won't be quite up to par for those frigid days but as long as it keeps the oil furnace off for the majority of the winter, I'm happy, lol.

MSSCIGuy t1_iwufhdb wrote

While I'm at it, I'll give a shout out to the Wood Pellet Warehouse in Jay for pellet delivery. I ordered from them this year after numerous frustrating deliveries from a local place over the years and Pellet Warehouse was great. They deliver all over the state and have great options for pellets. It ended up being $75 cheaper to have three tons delivered to my door than it was from my local place about a mile and a half from my house. The pellets were all in great condition, too.