Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Various-Mushroom-811 t1_iy3zwfb wrote

Recently converted to Mint in Central Maine, and I'm happy with it.

I had Boost Mobile when I was in Southern Maine for a while.

It was okay near Portland, but just okay. Terrible anywhere else.

Verizon has the best coverage, but worst price, in my opinion.

MaineChowder71 OP t1_iy40cut wrote

Good to hear! Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have Verizon through work and you're correct, the coverage is great, but damn they're expensive!

tempavicity t1_iy4zr4h wrote

You might consider Visible too then. Similar business model as Mint, but they contract through Verizon instead of T Mobile. Anecdotally I’ve had a pretty good experience through them after a year

Adventurous_Deer t1_iy41x7e wrote

I recently switched from Verizon to Spectrum (who use the same network) and you get the same coverage for much cheaper. I've had no issues so far and I drive all over Maine for work

Various-Mushroom-811 t1_iy4ark4 wrote

I forgot about Spectrum. As passe as bundles sound, my sister is saving a lot by combining internet, cable, and cell service. Be cautious about data use though. She has the lower data plan, and pays for each Gigabyte over the 1st one. My nephew doesn't always notice not being on wifi, so she gets some surprise bills. Mint's lowest data plan is 4GB, which I consider, much more reasonable.

Adventurous_Deer t1_iy4be6k wrote

With spectrum I was able to get unlimited data for $30 a month for my phone which I found significantly better than 90$ for 2gb with verizon