Submitted by Mainer1234 t3_yxrzd6 in Maine

Looking for recommendations on hotels that have indoor pools. Plan on getting away for a day or two with my son. Doesn't have to be anything crazy just not cold, we have found some can be cold. Bonus points if it's by another activity we can do.

Thanks in advance

Hes 3

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

cheese1234cheese t1_iwq51xi wrote

If you want to splurge the Cliff House in York has a nice indoor pool and does little kid activities, has a “movie room” etc. but it’s pricy!!!!!!

Detritus_AMCW t1_iwq9zwr wrote

I was thinking, pricey is relative, so I looked it up. Yeah, you're not kidding, lol.

Lerch737 t1_iwq3eyj wrote

The Samoset in Rockport

Laeek t1_iwq7jol wrote

Merry Manor Best Western in SoPo has a heated outdoor pool if you're looking for some novelty.

MaineChowder71 t1_iwqz1gg wrote

I was going to suggest this one. Although I live in Falmouth, my wife and I have gone to stay there when snow is being forecasted. It's a really cool feeling to swim during a snowstorm!

mider-span t1_iwq8hzd wrote

Village by the Sea in Wells has condo style rooms, Neat indoor pool. However getting to the pool building requires a walk outside.

FatRedDragons t1_iwq4axh wrote

Bangor Grande Hotel in uh... Bangor

Yourbubblestink t1_iwq60dm wrote

Aka the Ramada. I think I’ll let it air out a bit more.

Dry-Date-6730 t1_iwqphhy wrote

Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn is great. Warm pool and great breakfast.

Smart_Patrol t1_iwqcoc5 wrote

I know it's not Maine but it's close-ish. The Hampton Inn in North Conway is legit and you have the surrounding area to see as well.

Dry-Date-6730 t1_iwqpazi wrote

As long as you're not getting the room during hockey season. Hockey families are the absolute WORST in a hotel. Parents don't give a fuck what their kids are doing, in the hall, in the middle of the night and they bring in too much money for the hotels for them to care.

I only mention this because Hampton Inn in North Conway is a frequent hockey tournament stop, I'm pretty sure.

tonyforeman t1_ix1cxxz wrote

Former hockey dad here . Yes , it’s like that emptied out a few prisons and gave them hockey sticks. Hockey in the halls. Forget the pool . It’s insanity. Good times .

mpgxs2 t1_iwqp8wb wrote

Belfast Harbor Inn

rangerlight t1_iwrkds7 wrote

Atlantic Oceanside in Bar Harbor

WinterCrunch t1_iwsoz7w wrote

I've always wanted to check out the pool at The Harraseeket Inn in Freeport because it's right next to an outdoor fire pit. That fire pit is why Freeport aways smells like a campfire! Plus, the LL Bean campus in Freeport goes all-out for Christmas with an outdoor ice skating rink, Santa in a cute little red barn, and real reindeer. It's super a cozy holiday town.

tonyforeman t1_ix1d28m wrote

It’s nice but not private at all . I like the one at the Freeport Hilton better. Hardly anyone in it when we go .

wintersicyblast t1_iwsvkyk wrote

Meadowmere Resort in Ogunquit has an indoor pool I believe.

Gorges Grant does as well-Ogunquit

vayloo10 t1_iwq9tih wrote

Idk where you’re from but a lot of hotels in southern maine have pools

−3