Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wessex464 t1_ixi613h wrote

They are at the end of my road but won't come down it!!! Whose dick do I have to suck to get fiber out here ?!?!

RealMainer OP t1_ixi750w wrote

Just give them another billion dollar grant from the federal government and they'll happily install fiber!

Just kidding, the telecom industry was already given 10's of billions to install fiber infrastructure and they took the money and instead of using it for fiber, the money just magically disappeared and hardly any fiber was installed. And there were zero consequences so they'll happily do it again.

metalandmeeples t1_ixltn4s wrote

Fidium has been laying a ton of fiber in Maine. We just had fiber go live here in Durham last month which I didn't think would ever happen.

metalandmeeples t1_ixlth3j wrote

Do you have underground utilities and/or live on a private road? If so, best of luck.

wessex464 t1_ixltiek wrote

Underground utilities :/

metalandmeeples t1_ixm0ai4 wrote

Yeah, that will be tough unless they already have their own conduits and/or pedestals to use. GoNetSpeed covers almost all of North Windham except for where my parents live, so they are stuck with Spectrum too. Fidium has been covering more ground and they should eventually roll out to areas with underground utilities if the roads are public.