Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HurtzMyBranes t1_iwm01eh wrote

I'd suggest boycotting non-unionized Starbucks locations over this, but I honestly prefer local coffee shops over Starbucks anyway. Closing two days before Christmas is extra icing on this corporate asshole cake. I hope these employees receive backpay when Starbucks loses the same style of federal review that the Augusta Chipotle just lost.

curtludwig t1_iwn6n7p wrote

Coffee By Design is 100x better than Starbucks and much more deserving of your patronage.

−13

Macfarts t1_iwpw2ub wrote

Much better, hit up speckled axe, bard or any of the other numerous, amazing coffee shops around Portland. And if you hit speckled axe and get a handsome mustachioed barista tip him well, he’s my brother haha

curtludwig t1_iwqszqn wrote

How do you know that a given coffee shop is labor positive though? I've enjoyed CBD coffee for years while know knowing anything about their politics or labor relations.

In the end if everybody decided to boycott all Starbucks the employees at the individual stores end up getting hurt the worst because they'll all lose their jobs. The people at the top making the decisions are rarely in any serious trouble if a company closes down.

It's a thorny issue...

Macfarts t1_iwrf1a8 wrote

I mean the cbd owner is very outspoken about how shitty she is, employees are too