Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

professor_cheX t1_iw7wl7o wrote

I mean, I guess you have to make the most of the opportunities that are available in MidCoast Maine. It's such a diverse industry, I guess covering all of it would be tough. Perhaps film-wise its a bit more limited, although the relationship with Points North and CIFF is prob good for doc film, it might not carry the same shine for other aspirations in the film industry at large and outside that circle.

But in regards to photo, they seem to attract a lot of talent from afar for lectures, and they're not without notable local talent that has knowledge to extend. I've known Paul and Joyce and Cig for years, and while they may not always have additional intern opportunities all the time, they're still permeable to dialogue. A lot of students that I've known over the years have landed coveted jobs in diverse photo fields by investing themselves and looking for unique opportunities along the way. I could list a bunch, but I guess I'm more interested in what you'd be looking for.

LobsterMan101 t1_iw86vux wrote

No, they are not good peole. They exploit labor! I’m not kidding. I will dm you more if you like. Be warned! They’re not good folks