Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

barnes1236 t1_ivpnzz4 wrote

Although I agree with a lot of what Lepage was wanting to change, his attitude is obnoxious. Him attacking Mills when he knew he lost was unprofessional. You would think a person running for any office would be classy enough to accept defeat and congratulate their opponent. But you sir, and many like you on both sides, have the same shitty mud slinging attitude. It would be nice to not hear any of it since this is all wrapping up. But it will never go away. People must find it easier to hate.

−1

Lieutenant_Joe t1_ivpquob wrote

You’re really criticizing us for being shitty to a dude who threatened to punch a journalist? Fuck off with your sanctimonious “high road” bs. Your vote indicates you want a hand in other people’s love lives and bodily autonomy, so you don’t get to pretend we’re the real assholes.

barnes1236 t1_ivpu8ih wrote

My vote doesn’t mean that at all. I am very pro choice and don’t believe anyone has the right to outlaw what a person does with their own body. It’s the attitude that everyone has towards someone else on the other side. I was simple pointing out his attitude seems to be the same as the one he was criticizing.

−1

Lieutenant_Joe t1_ivpvfrx wrote

The people you voted for aren’t pro-choice. Therefore, what you personally believe does not matter. The Maine GOP’s official position this year on abortion was that it should be banned, and they directly stated in their platform statement that they believe marriage is between a man and a woman. Regardless of what you believe, the people you voted for do believe that, and you tried to put them in a position where they can act on those beliefs because your priorities lie elsewhere. You may as well just be pro-life; for the purposes of an election, the result is the same.