Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Born_in_Maine t1_j2ccd7l wrote

Ah, the bone hurting juice aisle. Lovely.

diaryofsnow t1_j2d24ep wrote

Right across from the itchy scratchy section

22R_ART t1_j2e60dg wrote

And two lanes down from the 2 shelves worth of "international" food

ACorDC t1_j2cglis wrote

As a recent visitor to Maine, I tried the local soda Moxie. It was...interesting

Eccentrically_loaded t1_j2daolj wrote

Moxie is even better as a float.

MathematicianGlum880 t1_j2dawhj wrote

Moxie is even better as a toilet bowl cleaner. 😬

ACorDC t1_j2dm3xz wrote

Our opinions are shared 😂 it tasted like an off brand Root Beer but with that weird tingly feeling left by cough syrup.

Chimpbot t1_j2ff5nu wrote

The tingle is how you know it's working.

blaz138 t1_j2dqntl wrote

Since soda has been brought up, what is this Polar Birch Beer soda? I got a little bottle but I have no idea what it would be like

1WantT0Bel1eve t1_j2dsbre wrote

Ah, it's an Adirondack classic, like a cross betwen root beer and cream soda. Great with vodka...

blaz138 t1_j2dsjsn wrote

Cool. So I most likely won't be disappointed. I actually got it to mix with vodka

nauticalfiesta t1_j2e5d70 wrote

Its good. Kinda minty but not. Orange dry ia great with vodka. Makes a bubbly screwdriver.

blaz138 t1_j2e5xov wrote

I saw that too and was really tempted. Getting that next time

BigE1263 t1_j2drrge wrote

Maine sure loves their root beer

giveuschannel83 t1_j2emfsr wrote

The Shaws in Sopo has a “warm beer” aisle. I get that they’re distinguishing room temp beer from chilled, but I still find it weird that they go so far as to label it “warm”.

masterxc OP t1_j2eqonr wrote

My guess is someone complained the beer on the shelf was warm ...despite how obvious it is.

theora55 t1_j2dliuh wrote

This is very amusing and whoever did this should be commended.

Yes, soda is really bad for you. It's full of sugar, bad, or fake sweetener, not good, and phosphorus, bad.

Technical-Role-4346 t1_j2erdds wrote

If ya'll are into tapping trees - You can make real Birch Beer next spring. The alcohol content varies widely. There is a non alcoholic version.
Here is a recipe

DidDunMegasploded t1_j2dxpej wrote

God damn it, did they see my dad stocking up on soda at MB that one time? Guys, he only got 11 bottles, and no, he did not drink them all in one night. Yes, he got weird looks and comments. No, he did not care.

Temponautics t1_j2ewj1j wrote

"sodatswhereitis" would have sufficed

HelpImInMaine t1_j2dx614 wrote

Sugar, fake sugar, local sugar, even more sugar.

The fact we have one isle dedicated to just soda is crazy.

−4

oldhonkytonk t1_j2cc06c wrote

Hannaford is a rip off. I started tracking their prices and market basket beats them by a landslide.

−14

hedgehogrecruiter t1_j2ccug2 wrote

Very true! But did you factor in the hour and a half drive, each way, to the nearest Market Basket?

masterxc OP t1_j2cdyzc wrote

I'd have to go to Biddeford. Icky.

−3

the_wookie_of_maine t1_j2d6ldm wrote

there is one in Westbrook.

masterxc OP t1_j2e81jo wrote

True, just 30 minutes from me. I went there when I used to live in Westbrook when they first opened and it's a nice place.

DidDunMegasploded t1_j2d8lce wrote

The city is icky? No no, you're right. The MB there is icky? God no, you kidding me?

Also, there's the one in Westbrook that may be closer to you.

−3

GuppyGB t1_j2cdtpe wrote

Market Basket meat quality sucks. They sell USDA select meat. That's dog food. Hannaford is always USDA choice.

Mikerm3 t1_j2ckpp5 wrote

the prices at my local grocery store (legion square market, south portland) are SO much lower and the quality is much better

TrifeDiesel- t1_j2dtf9c wrote

Is that the butcher next to Andys?

Mikerm3 t1_j2dtuuf wrote

are you talking about uncle andy’s? it’s right around the corner from where that was

TrifeDiesel- t1_j2e335o wrote

Yeah sorry thats what i meant. Didn't know they closed just moved back to the area. Damn they were their for a hot minute.

But yeah that market is great!

pm_me_ur_cutie_booty t1_j2e88qe wrote

I know it's not an option for everyone, but we buy nonperishables at the supermarket, and meat at a local butcher. Much better quality and prices.

feina635 t1_j2dk86u wrote

Except for boxed egg whites. They are double at MB