Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MaineBlonde t1_j2diweo wrote

Reply to comment by dedoubt in Feel safe by Kazbob48

I'm sorry, but this is wildly naive. I'm happy that you've never had a problem, but its still incredibly dangerous. There are ways to help people without inviting them into your car or putting yourself in a vulnerable position.

You can have great experiences for years and you only need one person who isn't a good person to hurt you, potentially irreparably. And if you want to risk yourself then fine, but don't romanticize it for other women. There's a difference between being scared and smart, and it's good for women to be smart.

Also, being a woman who can hold her own in daily life doesn't mean you can fight off an attacker with a weapon. I get a lot of "sassy Maine woman" vibes out of a lot of these posts and you're likely screwed if someone pulls a knife or gun on you.

Make yourself an easy mark, but please don't encourage other women to do so. And im sorry you were abused, but that won't save you either it someone wants to hurt you now. Over-trusting is not a badge of honor.

−4

dedoubt t1_j2dz4do wrote

>Make yourself an easy mark,

That's just a gross thing to say.

You're so sure you're right, you've made a bunch of assumptions and insulted me repeatedly. Try to understand that people have different ways of living their lives, and being different from you isn't being wrong.

>but please don't encourage other women to do so.

Nothing I wrote is encouraging other women to do the same. I'm talking about my life, my experiences and using my judgement in situations. I have many female friends who go through life the same way I do and they also have no problems.

I'm sorry you feel so much fear in your day to day life, but most people are good and I'm going to continue helping my fellow humans.

>And im sorry you were abused, but that won't save you either it someone wants to hurt you now.

??? Eeeww. Who said anything about the abuse I went through "saving" me in any way? I mentioned it to point out that even though I have good reason not to trust people, I still am able to recognize that most people are not a threat to me.

>I get a lot of "sassy Maine woman" vibes out of a lot of these posts

What a shitty way to put down the women of Maine.

MaineBlonde t1_j2f22kq wrote

Nah, just putting you down. Most Maine women aren't stupid enough to let strangers in their car. But good luck with all that.

−4

dedoubt t1_j2f5cpq wrote

>Nah, just putting you down. Most Maine women aren't stupid enough to let strangers in their car. But good luck with all that.

​

Wow, you're super nice. Thanks so much for making the world a better place!