Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

hike_me t1_izy4tnu wrote

Yeah you’re right.

I’ve seen the X a few times in person but never ridden in one. I’ve only been in the model S and model 3. They were okay, but if I’m going to drop 100k I don’t think it would be on a Model X. I have a reservation for the Rivian R1S but I’m getting closer and closer to canceling—seems a bad idea to spend 90k on a car where the nearest service center is 4.5 hours away from a company that could go out of business during the useful life of the car (but I have a feeling the Amazon delivery can contract will keep the lights on until they are more established)

notawight t1_izy66ti wrote

I've been seeing a lot of R1Ts on the road lately.

hike_me t1_izy72xd wrote

Saw my first in Death Valley a little over a year ago, and finally saw one in Maine (NJ plates) in Bar Harbor this summer. Haven’t seen an R1S yet.

oculus42 t1_j00grbn wrote

I was loaned a Model X when I went in for service a few years back. It was...fine. Didn't help that it had all season tires and it was snowing.

I honestly didn't care for it compared to the 3...you can feel how much heavier it is, even with all the power. Falcon wing doors were interesting, but I don't have a need for them.

I did enjoy showing a friend the light show, though.