Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Know_more_carry_less t1_j02x9hc wrote

I first visited Lubec after a big storm came through. It had knocked the roof off of a wharf shed. The roof then floated the quarter mile over to the Canadian island there (the name eludes me).

Apparently “finders keepers” is established maritime law as the Canadians planted a Canadian and Jolly Roger flags on the shed roof, refusing to give it back. Half the town of Lubec couldn’t care less, the other half was ready to go to war and launch some kind of midnight raid like Washington crossing the Delaware.

Fun town, Lubec. Can’t wait to get back up there.

Affectionate_Neat919 t1_j04c7g5 wrote

I believe it was part of a historic sardine factory on the North Lubec Road.

Affectionate_Neat919 t1_j06px94 wrote

My humble apologies. I didn't mean to upset your equilibrium.

Kr00kTV t1_j06smds wrote

Posting the article is useless otherwise though lmao. Like "lEt Me JuSt ShArE aN aRtIcLe ThAt 2 PeOpLe CaN rEaD"

−3

Affectionate_Neat919 t1_j06tbyr wrote

I will aspire to be the flawless person you are in the future. As I said, my humble apologies. I hope your sarcastic reply to my error in posting the link has made you feel better about yourself.

bonnar0000 t1_j07c5r2 wrote

Not on you, not an error, all charges dismissed, you are free to go :)

Affectionate_Neat919 t1_j07ex38 wrote

I appreciate it. I was just trying to engage in some friendly banter as Lubec is an interesting topic. I went back last spring after not being there since I was a kid (grandparents died there in 1987) and stayed at West Quoddy Station, which was really cool. Anyway, people can get grumpy these days. I will use my exoneration wisely!