Submitted by CRAkraken t3_10pzila in Maine

Last year I didn’t know any better and my windshield whisper fluid froze and the tank detached from the line. I had no whisper fluid until I got the car into a mechanic. I personally bought my -30 F fluid at a Home Depot but I imagine you can get it anywhere that has car stuff.

Edit: Fuck. I need an editor.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TheBookShopOfBF t1_j6nu2pi wrote

I wish the trucks hammering their air brakes as they drive by my house were using whisper fluid. Quiet that shit right down.

Seyword t1_j6nfrff wrote

Whisper fluid? Typo all 3X? 😂

No wiper fluid should freeze while still in the tank. Some of it will freeze on the windshield tho.

exvnoplvres t1_j6ooe0h wrote

If it's too late and you have some summer fluid still in the reservoir, mix some rubbing alcohol in there. It will help.

CantThinkOfAName000 t1_j6ojfor wrote

In Maine I see no point to buy anything but the -20°F stuff. If you're far enough north that -20°F isnt abnormal, it's worth it to get the -35°f stuff in the late fall and switch to that until spring.

mullenman87 t1_j6mzfvb wrote

I used to buy the yellow kind called Prestone de-icer but I think they discontinued it because I haven't been able to find any for a couple years. I bought some cheapo blue stuff at Walmart and it sucks, it doesn't de-ice at all. Any recommendations?

DobermanCavalry t1_j6mzy4g wrote

They still make the prestone. You can buy it at napa. Search for Prestone AS250 or Prestone AS253

IamSauerKraut t1_j6nakb3 wrote

The blue is for summer, non? I use pink in winter.

WalkerBRiley t1_j6opi0v wrote

Color doesn't actually matter much. Be smart and look at the label.

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_j6oyb8a wrote

What if I just grab the stuff I ALWAYS grab and never look at the label? All those two times a year I have to buy it 😂

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_j6oy1o2 wrote

I buy the orange stuff, i think it's rainx? I don't have a summer and winter kind, I just buy that year round. Won't hurt anything in the summer and won't freeze in the winter. Tbh, I didn't think wiper fluid could freeze. Learn something new everyday