Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

cafenegroporfa t1_j3xm03n wrote

taking long enough.

Interested to see how, and if Tribes will cooperate with the bigger sports betting apps like Draftkings etc.

As a gambler i’ll be eagerly awaiting

Hot_Salad9000 t1_j3zau6w wrote

I’m hoping Maine will stick with Draftkings because NH uses it

dogwithaknife t1_j3xq5ro wrote

when i lived in pa and the legalized sports betting, all of my social media feeds were flooded with ads from draftkings sports books. it took over a month to get them all blocked. now that i live here, i’m sure i’ll have to do the same fucking thing. at least there’s no billboards here so i won’t have to see those ads.

Expensive_Break210 t1_j3xr31j wrote

If we legalize sports betting we should legalize online poker as well. It’s been basically illegal in the US for over 10 years.

Dr_Clout t1_j46bfx5 wrote

It’s been illegal in the US forever to my knowledge. I was playing Full Tilt Poker for money at age 13 in 2004. I wonder why they shut it down

Expensive_Break210 t1_j46vae9 wrote

Look up “poker Black Friday” I know a few Mainers who were online poker pros that were forced to move out of Maine and then out of the country in order to keep on playing.

arclight222 t1_j4146iu wrote

Not getting this squared away by the start of the next NFL season would be seem like a serious loss of revenue. Get it done Maine.

bigbluedoor t1_j3y2mr5 wrote

i hate to ever be a puritan about anything, but the incredible speed at which sports betting has been legalized across this country has been really alarming to me. i know a lot of people who have unhealthy relationships with it

DeadlyAceWon t1_j41wz3z wrote

this should have gone in effect back in august, it wont happen til 2024 they are a bunch of morons that run this. there is no rules to sports betting thats the joke of it