Submitted by DidDunMegasploded t3_11dayim in Maine

Every so often, my brain likes to bring memories up to the surface at random.

Today, it just so happens that my brain has drudged up the memory of me as a kid going to a small little restaurant in South Portland. It was on the Maine Mall side of the city, where the Verizon store (the one next to Burger King, near Dick's Sporting Goods) stands now. Served American food, and I think it closed in the late 2000s or early 2010s.

Not sure if it was local or a chain, but I'm thinking it might have been a local one. Definitely a sit-down restaurant, not anything like McDonald's or Burger King or whathaveyou.

Any help in solving this mystery (as well as experiences from those who might have been to this restaurant) is appreciated.

EDIT: It's Lone Star Steakhouse! Congrats to all the right guessers who said this or Bonanza (who was there before). Thank you for helping me solve this months-old mystery of mine.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dgonthier t1_ja7re9n wrote

Lone star steakhouse

DidDunMegasploded OP t1_ja7x0s9 wrote

Bingo! Someone else guessed Bonanza which came before Lone Star, but you're the first to say it outright.

SouthernButterbean t1_ja7jpnh wrote

Bugaboo Creek?

DidDunMegasploded OP t1_ja7qich wrote

Nope. That was up the road where CSL Plasma now is. Never went there.

LeisureSuitLawrence t1_ja9l1zz wrote

Plasma place with the landscaping of a Canadian Rockies Lodge. Kinda funny looking.

devinmarieb t1_jaa7mf3 wrote

Omg haven’t thought about this place in ages lol

Mikerm3 t1_ja862gi wrote

the Ground Round?

it used to be across from dick's, where IHOP is now.

DidDunMegasploded OP t1_ja8sn3c wrote

Nope. This was around the corner.

Numerous people got it--it was Bonanza, or Lone Star Steakhouse (what it was after 1998 when Bonanza closed).

IamSauerKraut t1_jaaj8yi wrote

Ground Round woulda been my choice for dinner. Really liked that place.

Walter_J_Bro t1_ja7n81i wrote

Bonanza was over there.

DidDunMegasploded OP t1_ja7r0rh wrote

Close. I did punch it into Google and came up with Lone Star Steakhouse, which came from Bonanza in that location in 1998.

So ding ding ding, you are correct! throws confetti

I can rest easy now, thank you.

Walter_J_Bro t1_ja7t7lq wrote

I forgot about Lonestar. I used to love the Bonanza when I was a kid. Bonanza, the Ground Round, York Steakhouse and the old IHOP. My childhood favorites out near the mall.

Guygan t1_ja7o16n wrote

Friendly's?

DidDunMegasploded OP t1_ja7q3w2 wrote

Nope. Friendly's is around the corner and still kicking. I do have fond memories of going there too, though.