Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

geneticswag t1_j8ne8d0 wrote

Wait... are you saying you're ordering trays of fries for takeout?

[deleted] t1_j8nkp1m wrote

[deleted]

geneticswag t1_j8o06im wrote

Texas is the California of the Rockies in New England. Who in their right mind wants to eat cold, soggy, steamed french fries? They're only the best if they're fresh.

to_thecore_ OP t1_j8o7e1l wrote

Lol when the “from away” xenophobia you grew up with finally starts trolling you all over Reddit…

−2

to_thecore_ OP t1_j8o5jpn wrote

I’m going home to a family cottage that was built in 1914 and I don’t have the room or supplies for a deep fryer. So, yeah, I’m going to pickup somewhere. I’m harvesting the mussels myself, but the oven is an old fashioned “cook stove” that honestly doesn’t work great for high temps. So, yes, ordering out.

[deleted] t1_j8o7oa5 wrote

[deleted]

−9

to_thecore_ OP t1_j8o8cgk wrote

That very possibly true, but I hear some restaurants cater, so the question pretty much stands. Also open to food truck suggestions.

whatapitynevermind t1_j8rkrdr wrote

A little out of the way so may not be suitable, there’s a French fries place in the Maine Mall, and quite honestly I think they are pretty good. Maybe relative to how hungry I am, but maybe worth a try.

[deleted] t1_j8o8n21 wrote

[deleted]

−10

to_thecore_ OP t1_j8oibfh wrote

Your commitment to arguing with me is asinine. That does not change the fact that relying on the generosity of others sharing their experience with me helps cull a list of places I might want to then check and see whether or not they cater? Or offer catering services through a third party? Like for pop-ups? And many, many (but not all) restaurants in Portland do cater. I used to work in the industry, and this really was not an uncommon thing for people to ask about…