Yup!

• Barebones Silver Q12
  • Gateron North Pole
  • Monokei Series 1 White on Black

Yet to arrive/do:

• Switch pads
  • Lubed Durock stabilisers
  • Blue Tack under space bar, enter key etc

I may yet installed Gateron CJs as I’ve used them in a previous Q series build and liked the sound and feel of them a lot when combined with some damping and nice thick keycaps.

Interestingly the Q12 has arrived with a “tape mod” pre-applied by the factory in the form of some thick card/paper adhered to the back of the PCB.

MBSMD t1_j9dq151 wrote

I noticed the same “factory tape mod” myself. Mine came today. Opened the case to add some poron case padding and add some tape to the PCB. Keychron saved me a step.

wasdesc t1_j9e3dfq wrote

What type of plate does it have? A steel one? And is there an option to replace it with a polycarbonate plate or brass perhaps?

wdpgn OP t1_j9e3oib wrote

Yeah it is steel. Most of the Q series have different plate materials available but not the 12 as yet. However the CAD file is on their website. I’m looking into getting a pc plate cut from the file at a local place but need to work out some details around where there should be holes drilled and so forth. https://www.keychron.com/pages/keychron-q12-keyboard-plate-file

reddituserzerosix t1_j9e94p5 wrote

I hate how the keychron boards have that dead space next to the up arrow, otherwise I'm a fan of this layout

LevanderFela t1_j9g91m3 wrote

Some people like some "breathing room" for their arrow keys, it's easier to find them like that when touch typing

wdpgn OP t1_j9e9eqy wrote

Yeah, the arrow keys don’t really need to be “exploded” on this board. They’re already right there in the corner and east to locate by touch without needing to offset them like that. And if they were flush then you wouldn’t need the dead space… no perfect board tho.

AutoModerator t1_j9d3q7d wrote

ANY content that features products, services you sell, your prototypes in progress or items you were sponsored to post MUST use the Promotional flair, with disclosure of who you represent.

When posting your build, please provide a description of the build, preferably as a Top Level Comment or Reply to this Comment, with the following information:

• Your keyboard featured and its layout

• The Switches, Keycaps, and Other Accessories Featured

• Any notable mods you performed

• Other helpful information such as low profile, lesser known firmware, etc.

Example: Unobtanium Southpaw 1800 with DSA Salt with MorningCaps Artisan and Alps Rainbow Switches, modded with Sorbothan Foam on KMK

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

wdpgn OP t1_j9d47yu wrote

• Gateron North Pole Switches
  • Monokei Series 1 White on Black

No mods as yet, there’s self-adhesive paper backing the PCB, and force break between the two case halves, from the factory. Combined with the North Pole switches it is very quiet and clean sounding.

The layout will take some getting used to but it’s lovely to type on so far.