Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Anifanopinion t1_ja50yui wrote

If they have clearly defined minimums/restrictions when it comes to cable length why did you think a custom order outside those restrictions could be done? Also when it comes to having to ask three times about a custom order they probably prioritized doing what they could and canceling your order and that is why the second less important issue was not addressed until everything else was resolved. Cablemod's keyboard cables are still a growing part of their company and it shows in their limits compared to smaller/independent vendors, so them going against their standards is not something they advertise. You are better off going on r/mechmarket and browsing the various posts by small cable makers, they will probably be able to work something out with you as unlike cablemod they don't have tons of orders that need to be processed fast and efficiently on a daily basis.

MyNam31sNobody t1_ja52jlp wrote

Idk that I'd call it clearly defined minimums/restrictions. It might just be that 20" tends to be the shortest order they commonly get and therefore configured the slider that way, or that they didn't anticipate the market for shorter cables for split keyboards. I sent an email to find out, because I don't think it's all that unrealistic to think that if you inquire a custom cable company might be willing to cut a shorter piece of cable. It's not like I demanded they make it.

I'm very sympathetic to people doing their jobs, and have worked in customer support/client facing roles most of my career. But not responding to all the questions in a customer's email, especially when there are only two of them and they're related, and then again not reading/looking into the issue before responding is bad customer service.

Also, thanks for the recommendations on where to find other vendors.

−1