Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ctrl-C-C-C-C t1_ity7fsa wrote

Your bottom row should be 1.5u - 1u - 1.5u - 7u - 1.5u - 1u - 1.5u. Otherwise known as Tsangan bottom row.

I checked your kit and you have the keycaps for it.

TragicGaming OP t1_ity7lq0 wrote

You are correct. I’ll swap them out, thank you!

Kavendish t1_itzcqk5 wrote

Are these sizes to fill inn the tiny gaps around space bar etc? Immthinking about buying my first kit

TragicGaming OP t1_itzd3b3 wrote

Yes. Those correct sizes fill those gaps. Many base kits come with different sizes to accommodate different keyboard variations!

OhShitBye t1_iu2kdor wrote

I nearly made the same mistake when I got my Tiger Lite. For some reason in my head it was a 6.25u spacebar because I didn't read the layout properly, so luckily I double checked before buying my tx stabs. When I actually got it built PBTfans was nice enough to include the 7u bar in an additional bottom row with the tsangan caps in my neons, which helped me not to forget again lol.

TragicGaming OP t1_iu2kj26 wrote

Ya that was just a complete oversight by me. Was too excited once I finished the board.

OhShitBye t1_iu2kxqu wrote

Visually yes they are, and really apply more to 7u spacebars.

Though more importantly to me they have the added benefit of giving you slightly larger ctrl and alt keys, and makes the win key harder to hit by accident. For me that means 0 accidental win key presses when crouching, or since I play MMOs keyboard style, when I'm hitting an additional hotbar combi (i.e. alt+something).

And if I wanna rage quit, they give me a nice big alt key to alt F4 with XD