Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

QWERKey-UK t1_itts5za wrote

Extras does not mean it's an in stock set. It just means exactly that: The vendor ordered extras during the group buy, and once the set drops, they will be for sale. Usually, these are very limited in number, and sell out very quickly. In stock suggests that they are will always be in stock... even if they sell out, more will be available when new stock arrives.

ConcreteSnake t1_ituwuw9 wrote

I can’t even say they sell out quickly due to the quantity vendors are ordering. NovelKeys still has Space Cadet 2 which has been out for almost a year now and it even went on sale for $99 one weekend. “Limited stock” is a FOMO term they use to make you impulse buy

QWERKey-UK t1_itv8tb1 wrote

No, it really isn't. There's no conspiracy. If they have some in stock, it's because they haven't sold them all, it's as simple as that. To be in stock, they would need to be in constant production, and group buy sets are not. Once they are gone, they are gone unless there's another round. Generally, "in stock" means that the product will be always available. If it sells out, more will be made. This is not what happens with group buy sets.

ConcreteSnake t1_itvgzhw wrote

I am aware of what the term “in-stock” means and I didn’t say they should be labeled as “in-stock” (although technically if an item is available to buy in a non-keyboard store it is considered in-stock)

The point is that while technically the stock is “limited” I’d wager some of these vendors are ordering thousands of extras. The term “limited stock” in this particular case is used to encourage you to buy it before it “sells out” and is no longer available. Most of the GMK extras I’ve seen in the last year don’t sell out quickly.

QWERKey-UK t1_itwgv4b wrote

Ok.. enjoy your paranoia. Some sell out fast... some don't. Some group buys barely make MOQ, some go stonks. (shrug). You've not been spending time on budgetkeebs by any chance, have you? :)

ConcreteSnake t1_itwkzsx wrote

Not sure why you got so triggered by my FOMO comment and stuck to it. I was just counter pointing that extras aren’t always “very limited and sell out fast” as you stated 🤷🏻‍♂️

QWERKey-UK t1_itydnkk wrote

Sure. Everyone who disagrees with you must be triggered, right? :) I just think you're being a bit paranoid by thinking there's some hobby-wide conspiracy to make you buy things.

ConcreteSnake t1_itye9le wrote

Not paranoid, don’t think there’s any conspiracy. The FOMO comment was more poking fun at “limited quantity”. You must be a blast at parties 😂

jkush463 t1_itv9bc2 wrote

I always buy extra pcbs abd plates if there available when i order my boards. Its only ligical then i can have multiple setups for the same board abd there quick to swap out.

darknessblades t1_itts508 wrote

OR....OR.... just hear me out:

​

Live in a country with proper consumer protection, where if something breaks within the legally defined warranty period. they have to repair it/send you a replacement part. [and warranty laws do not look at the type of "commercial" sale, if you buy it in a store, even if its discounted by 99.999% and it breaks 1 week later, they have to give repair it/give you a replacement unit]

−9