Submitted by Skorcch t3_xxyp9x in MechanicalKeyboards

My bday is approaching and the first gift I could think of was a mechanical keyboard but now I am kinda torn as I already have a lenovo mechanical one and am starting to question whether a new customized one is worth it? Any assurances or suggestions appreciated

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

pedrorq t1_ires7vb wrote

Yeah you can easily find a better one, and cheaper. What's your budget, preferred layout, etc?

Valdair t1_irf2jv6 wrote

Is there something else you want to try? New switches/form factor? Or do you just want to try switching caps and see if that does it for you?

Skorcch OP t1_irf7240 wrote

If I do get one it will be completely new from scratch

Valdair t1_irf7w42 wrote

Then, back to the question, what are you actually hoping to get that is different from what you have?

Skorcch OP t1_irhuraq wrote

I have a full size now but I am hoping to get a 60% which looks and feels better to use, I want something which looks unique tbh

pickelpenguin t1_irjmw2j wrote

get the qk60 100% then its gonna start gb soon, of you want instock tho i say bakaneko

kbd_fan t1_iri0a68 wrote

You are asking β€œis a mech keeb worth it?” in a mech keeb forum full of mech keeb fanboys. What answer were you expecting?

Skorcch OP t1_iri233b wrote

LMAO I forgot who all I was talkin to πŸ˜‚. BTW your u got any suggestions for where to get cheap key caps preferably around 50 bucks as it is my first time and I am confused between so many sites

kbd_fan t1_iri9aa0 wrote

Aliexpress

Skorcch OP t1_irif2j5 wrote

Unfortunately India banned it in 2020 and it is un-accessible ever since