Submitted by DioBranDoggo t3_y3qzhp in MechanicalKeyboards

I'm currently looking for like some mech keyboard, 65% with a trackpad like maybe the Apple trackpad 2 or better than that. I'm getting quite tired when switching from keeb to mouse. Trackpad arguably, is ergonomically sound. So there's that. I'm just amazed why nobody created that tho.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

seashellsnyc t1_isa3tzk wrote

Agreed! It would be nice to see a TKL with a trackpad area. If it’s wireless then it can be used with the TV.

DioBranDoggo OP t1_isa4hgz wrote

Yes. Preach on that. I like how Macbooks are designed. The typing experience for (personally) is really nice. But as a fickle person, I'd like to make it pristine as much as possible and use an external keyboard and mouse. But the trackpad is reeeeeally nice though. Very convenient

squidsix t1_isa8h1h wrote

I dont know of any keyboard that has a trackpad but if you want something that you can switch to and back from easily, a trackball can work. It's probably the closest thing you can find in a mech keyboard.

cankoklu t1_isaj71g wrote

There are some diy options in the split Ortho world. Try searching for cirque touchpad keyboard.

DioBranDoggo OP t1_isasim9 wrote

I've checked it but still not good enough for me (I guess) tho one can argue that buy a split ortho board then put a trackpad on the middle might work. But I guess the next issue would be the portability next.

elmurfudd t1_isbn682 wrote

there really isnt any . not much interest in the feature to have it in modern kbs most people hate track pads

DioBranDoggo OP t1_iscf1vz wrote

Dang really? Maybe I'm a weird one who likes it. One thing that it works for me is the gestures actually. Like scrolling is much ergonomically sound than the mouse wheel. Apple Trackpads are fire tho

Omnias-42 t1_isd3nja wrote

Tex keyboards have a trackpoint which may help